DLL send back data

Hello:

    I am new to this C++ Builder stuff.

    I have been able to create a DLL... I have been able to send data to the
DLL.

    Question: How do I get data back from the DLL?
        I would need to know the coding for it.

Thanks

Re:DLL send back data

In article <7pnte1$c...@forums.borland.com>,
Giorgio G. A. Miceli, Sr. <Giorg...@san.rr.com> wrote:

>Hello:

>    I am new to this C++ Builder stuff.

>    I have been able to create a DLL... I have been able to send data to the
>DLL.

>    Question: How do I get data back from the DLL?
>        I would need to know the coding for it.

This probably doesn't belong in the .activex newsgroup; DLLs are standard
windows stuff and you want to be in either .winapi or .vcl.

That said, normally what you need to do is laod the DLL at
runtime by calling the winAPI function LoadLibrary, then
invoking GetProcAddress() to retrieve a pointer to the
function you want to call, and then calling it --- it will
behave like a normal function call at that point.

Alternately, if you have an import library for the DLL, you can
link to it, and the loader will load the DLL for you and resolve
the function call fixups.

[This is _exactly_ what you do whenever you call a winAPI
function.]
--
Caminante, son tus huellas el camino, y nada mas;
caminante, no hay camino, se hace camino al andar ...

Other Threads