Help updating BDE to 4.51

Hi, I tried to install the BDE upgrade patch 4.51 to my computer. It
installed fine on most of my computers including the one that had Delphi
3 installed. But a couple of them came up with
a wierd error during the path installation. When I started the patch
install, it came back with a message that said the following: The
decompression of %s failed. There may not be enough
free disk space in the TEMP directory. I have in excess of 1.9GB of hard
drive space. So I don't understand how this is possible. I am installing
this patch on a Pentium 266 w/64MB
RAM and 1.9GB GB hard drive space free on both my C drive and another
drive. It is running Win95 OEM 2.

If anybody has any suggestions or hints, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sanju Abraham
sa...@myself.com

Re:Help updating BDE to 4.51

I didn't have a problem install BDE 4.51, so I don't really know what
the error could be....

Are you installing BDE to a secondary partition (-ie, one that doesn't
contain your C:\WINDOWS directory) which has loads of free disk space,
but your C:\ drive doesn't have much space left?

I dunno if this will help, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Re:Help updating BDE to 4.51

Hi Marc,

Are you saying that you installed BDE 4.51 on drive D (for example) and
you haven't had any problems getting to your Access files?

Jim Bailey
TeamB

Marc Fearby wrote:

> I didn't have a problem install BDE 4.51, so I don't really know what
> the error could be....

> Are you installing BDE to a secondary partition (-ie, one that doesn't
> contain your C:\WINDOWS directory) which has loads of free disk space,
> but your C:\ drive doesn't have much space left?

> I dunno if this will help, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Other Threads