Ownerdraw menu - Remove border (NOT a multipost)

Sorry, but I didn't know what group I should send it to, so here goes again.
----------------------------
Greetings

    I have successfully wrapped pretty much all the properties and events of
a TMainMenu that I need, but I would also like to remove the border around
the menu. For instance, I have a black background, or anyhow, the color
scheme is not after the Windows default, since the program is pretty much
skinnanble.

    So do anyone of you know how to remove the border or how to set the
color of a border I would appriciate it.

Thanks

--
Richard,
  oblivion creations

Re:Ownerdraw menu - Remove border (NOT a multipost)

Simple, you can't. Windows doesn't allow you to change the border. You must
recreate the whole menu system yourself, instead of using ownerdrawn menus.
It's a lots of works, and I'm not sure if it's worth it, if you only want to
change the border. You may also implement drag and drop, right click menu
and other things if you create your own menu system.

Another way is to use or buy a component.

HTH,
Marcus

"Richard KS" <obliv...@lunamorena.net> wrote in message

> Sorry, but I didn't know what group I should send it to, so here goes
again.
> ----------------------------
> Greetings

>     I have successfully wrapped pretty much all the properties and events
of
> a TMainMenu that I need, but I would also like to remove the border around
> the menu. For instance, I have a black background, or anyhow, the color
> scheme is not after the Windows default, since the program is pretty much
> skinnanble.

>     So do anyone of you know how to remove the border or how to set the
> color of a border I would appriciate it.

> Thanks

> --
> Richard,
>   oblivion creations
>   http://oblivion.lunamorena.net
>   obliv...@lunamorena.net
>   +4+ (0) 736 849 531 for sure contact..

Re:Ownerdraw menu - Remove border (NOT a multipost)

So what would be the easiest way to simulate a menu? I know something about
using listbox and then re-drawing it, but what about selecting the hovered
item and so forth?

Thanks

--

> So what would be the easiest way to simulate a menu?

There is no "easy" way to do it.  Menu simulation gets quite complex the
closer to true menus you try to get your functionality

> I know something about using listbox and then re-drawing it, but
> what about selecting the hovered item and so forth?

You could use the OnMouseMove event for that, setting it's ItemIndex
property to the return value of it's GetItemAt() method.

Gambit

Re:Ownerdraw menu - Remove border (NOT a multipost)

Allright, thanks alot. Can you tip me how to position a listbox or combobox
to the X,Y of the mouse pos.? I always seem to fail on that, so example
would be good.

By the way, we seem to have a virus poster around here.

--

"Remy Lebeau [TeamB]" <gambi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Richard KS" <obliv...@lunamorena.net> wrote in message
> > So what would be the easiest way to simulate a menu?

> There is no "easy" way to do it.  Menu simulation gets quite complex the
> closer to true menus you try to get your functionality

> > I know something about using listbox and then re-drawing it, but
> > what about selecting the hovered item and so forth?

> You could use the OnMouseMove event for that, setting it's ItemIndex
> property to the return value of it's GetItemAt() method.

> Gambit

Re:Ownerdraw menu - Remove border (NOT a multipost)

This posting is just to say that I'm 100% agree with the

> There is no "easy" way to do it.  Menu simulation gets
quite complex the
> closer to true menus you try to get your functionality

If I knew that before, I'd never done it...

Sincerely, Andrew Cher.

  We took the best from Mac OS X, Windows XP, and .NET
  We named it Animated Menus 3.0. We love it.
  Now you can love it, too.
  For more information visit us today on the Web:
  http://www.animatedmenus.com/

> "Richard KS" <obliv...@lunamorena.net> wrote in message
> > So what would be the easiest way to simulate a menu?

> There is no "easy" way to do it.  Menu simulation gets
quite complex the
> closer to true menus you try to get your functionality

> > I know something about using listbox and then re-drawing
it, but
> > what about selecting the hovered item and so forth?

> You could use the OnMouseMove event for that, setting it's
ItemIndex
> property to the return value of it's GetItemAt() method.

> Gambit

Re:Ownerdraw menu - Remove border (NOT a multipost)

So I guess you're one from the Animated Menus crew? Then perhaps you have
some tips to give?

I have seen your work and I am truly impressed, but then again, any tips?

--

"Andrew Cher" <AndrewC...@AnimatedMenus.comNOSPAM> wrote in message

> This posting is just to say that I'm 100% agree with the

> > There is no "easy" way to do it.  Menu simulation gets
> quite complex the
> > closer to true menus you try to get your functionality

> If I knew that before, I'd never done it...

> Sincerely, Andrew Cher.

>   We took the best from Mac OS X, Windows XP, and .NET
>   We named it Animated Menus 3.0. We love it.
>   Now you can love it, too.
>   For more information visit us today on the Web:
>   http://www.animatedmenus.com/

> "Remy Lebeau [TeamB]" <gambi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > "Richard KS" <obliv...@lunamorena.net> wrote in message
> > > So what would be the easiest way to simulate a menu?

> > There is no "easy" way to do it.  Menu simulation gets
> quite complex the
> > closer to true menus you try to get your functionality

> > > I know something about using listbox and then re-drawing
> it, but
> > > what about selecting the hovered item and so forth?

> > You could use the OnMouseMove event for that, setting it's
> ItemIndex
> > property to the return value of it's GetItemAt() method.

> > Gambit

Re:Ownerdraw menu - Remove border (NOT a multipost)

> So I guess you're one from the Animated Menus crew? Then
perhaps you have
> some tips to give?

Well, it's relatively easy to start -- you have all routines
to draw menu items so all you need to add is just a menu
form creating and management (the form that will perform as
menu). If I would be doing all this thing all over again,
I'd use raw Win32 API, not VCL's TForm class. I think this
will be faster and simplier because you don't need all the
functions of this fatty.

Also, if you not intend to run your programs on Win95, I
recommend you to use AnimateWindow Win32 API routines to add
animation to the form.

If you'd like to get more tips, just ask!

> I have seen your work and I am truly impressed...

Thank you! We're trying to do our best here...

> So I guess you're one from the Animated Menus crew? Then
perhaps you have
> some tips to give?

> I have seen your work and I am truly impressed, but then
again, any tips?

> --
> Richard,
>   oblivion creations
>   http://oblivion.lunamorena.net
>   obliv...@lunamorena.net
>   +4+ (0) 736 849 531 for sure contact..

> "Andrew Cher" <AndrewC...@AnimatedMenus.comNOSPAM> wrote
in message
> > This posting is just to say that I'm 100% agree with the

> > > There is no "easy" way to do it.  Menu simulation gets
> > quite complex the
> > > closer to true menus you try to get your functionality

> > If I knew that before, I'd never done it...

> > Sincerely, Andrew Cher.

> >   We took the best from Mac OS X, Windows XP, and .NET
> >   We named it Animated Menus 3.0. We love it.
> >   Now you can love it, too.
> >   For more information visit us today on the Web:
> >   http://www.animatedmenus.com/

> > "Remy Lebeau [TeamB]" <gambi...@yahoo.com> wrote in
message

> > > "Richard KS" <obliv...@lunamorena.net> wrote in
message

> > > There is no "easy" way to do it.  Menu simulation gets
> > quite complex the
> > > closer to true menus you try to get your functionality

re-drawing
> > it, but

> > > You could use the OnMouseMove event for that, setting
it's
> > ItemIndex
> > > property to the return value of it's GetItemAt()
method.

> > > Gambit

Other Threads