Deploying an App - Imagehlp.dll

I am deploying a BCB 3 pro app that requires comctl32.dll of ver 4.70 or
better (it has a coolbar).  It is linked statically (no dynamic RTL, no run
time packages).  I tested it on an OLD win 95 machine that does not have IE4
but does have ver 4.72 of comctl32.dll (it came from the MS y2k patch for
win 95).  When the app starts, it says it needs imagehlp.dll and won't run.
I have verified that this is a MS dll and is not on this machine.  I can't
find it mentioned anywhere in the BCB help (which seems to imply that the
comctl32.dll version is the only issue here) or deploy.txt.  I am using one
3rd party component, the Drag & Drop component suite by Angus Johnson &
Anders Melander.  I guess imagehlp.dll is part of IE4 but would appreciate
it if anyone could verify it and could tell me exactly which VCL component
needs it.  Does this tie my app to IE4 regardless of comctl32.dll version?

Thanks
John

Re:Deploying an App - Imagehlp.dll

: "John Moore" <moore...@usa.net> wrote:

>I guess imagehlp.dll is part of IE4 but would appreciate
>it if anyone could verify it

I do not know about this. You might want to use TDUMP (see documentation)
or QuikView to find out which module you are linking to actually uses the
DLL.

>and could tell me exactly which VCL component
>needs it.

No VCL component shipped by Borland requires Imagehlp.dll.

--
General information:
    * Do not cross- or multipost

(TeamB - http://www.teamb.com/)

Re:Deploying an App - Imagehlp.dll

Thanks for the help
I looked at my exe and a win api function, SearchTreeForFile(), uses it.  I
may write my own version of that.

John

Other Threads