BCC 5.02 running in More than 64MB?

I'm asking this question here, because there doesn't seem to be a
Borland C++ forum.  My boss, who for now has to maintain the older OWL
versions of our programs, is having trouble running Borland C++ 5.02
since the main memory on his machine was increased to more than 64MB.
Is there any limitation on the memory in which  BCC 5.02 can run?

FWIW, he doesn't seem to be having any trouble running Builder 4 on that
same machine.

David Hertzberg

Re:BCC 5.02 running in More than 64MB?

On Wed, 05 Jan 2000 19:46:00 -0500, David <sdraug...@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

>I'm asking this question here, because there doesn't seem to be a
>Borland C++ forum.  My boss, who for now has to maintain the older OWL
>versions of our programs, is having trouble running Borland C++ 5.02
>since the main memory on his machine was increased to more than 64MB.
>Is there any limitation on the memory in which  BCC 5.02 can run?

There is a newsgroup for BC++ questions,  that would be:
        borland.public.cpp.*

As for the compiler,  I know that I have it installed on three different
machine (96MB, 128MB, and 160MB RAM respectively) with more than 64MB so I
doubt that is his problem...

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
Jerry Bloomfield                                     JersW...@wwa.com
Proud Member of Borland's TeamB

Re:BCC 5.02 running in More than 64MB?

: David <sdraug...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>I'm asking this question here, because there doesn't seem to be a
>Borland C++ forum.

There is one:

  borland.public.cpp.*

--
General information:
    * Do not cross- or multipost

TeamB - http://www.teamb.com/

Re:BCC 5.02 running in More than 64MB?

David,

I run it with 196MB of RAM intalled so I think your problem must lie
elsewhere. You might also want to consider downgrading to an earlier
version of BC5 if you can as I have experienced a rather worrying flaw
in the 5.02 code generation. I also think (though I could be wrong)
that only the earlier versions come with CodeGuard.

Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Re:BCC 5.02 running in More than 64MB?

On Thu, 06 Jan 2000 12:56:42 GMT, Andrue Cope <not.a.va...@email.address.sorry>
wrote:

>...in the 5.02 code generation. I also think (though I could be wrong)
>that only the earlier versions come with CodeGuard.

I got CodeGuard (16/32) with the 5.02 Development Suite.

--
Wayne A. King
(ba...@torfree.net, wayne.k...@ablelink.org,

"Wayne A. King" <wak...@idirect.com> wrote in message

> >...in the 5.02 code generation. I also think (though I could be wrong)
> >that only the earlier versions come with CodeGuard.

> I got CodeGuard (16/32) with the 5.02 Development Suite.

Hi Wane,

It's a long time ago.  I seem to remember the CodeGuard version was numbered
5.03 and it cost extra, but it was well worth it.

len jones

On Sat, 8 Jan 2000 19:57:17 -0800, "len jones" <ljo...@mnsi.net> wrote:
>I seem to remember the CodeGuard version was numbered
>5.03 and it cost extra, but it was well worth it.

You may be thinking of the 4.5x release. BC++ 4.53 was 4.52 with
CodeGuard added. It did cost more. Originally, CodeGuard was also
sold as a separate package. I have CodeGuard on both the BC++ 5.01
and 5.02 Development Suite CDs. The Dev Suite did cost more than the
standard release package.

--

> You may be thinking of the 4.5x release. BC++ 4.53 was 4.52 with
> CodeGuard added. It did cost more. Originally, CodeGuard was also
> sold as a separate package. I have CodeGuard on both the BC++ 5.01
> and 5.02 Development Suite CDs. The Dev Suite did cost more than the
> standard release package.

Your right.  It was some time ago.

len jones

Other Threads