place a client application (multi-tier) on an ActiveX form

I have been trying to put a client application on an ActiveX form.   I have
no problem access it from IE on my computer, where I am doing the
programming and where the webserver sits.  But I can not access it from any
other computers. It is clear to me that the ocx and two additional files are
already download and registered, but in the webbrowser I only get a empty
box with a little icon at the top left corner.  I reckon it has something to
do with the multi-tier nature of the application, because I tested ActiveX
with a simple application and it works fine.  Does anyone has some ideas?

thanks.

rui

Re:place a client application (multi-tier) on an ActiveX form

did you put the dbclient.dll file on your client computer?

PIQUOT Jr?me
A. WOLFF SA
6, rue de la Gare
67120 ERNOLSHEIM/BRUCHE
FRANCE
e-mail: wo...@media-net.fr
http://www.media-net.fr/wolff
Rui Ren <r...@ihug.co.nz> a crit dans le message :
7qj0tb$r4...@newsource.ihug.co.nz...

> I have been trying to put a client application on an ActiveX form.   I
have
> no problem access it from IE on my computer, where I am doing the
> programming and where the webserver sits.  But I can not access it from
any
> other computers. It is clear to me that the ocx and two additional files
are
> already download and registered, but in the webbrowser I only get a empty
> box with a little icon at the top left corner.  I reckon it has something
> do with the multi-tier nature of the application, because I tested ActiveX
> with a simple application and it works fine.  Does anyone has some ideas?

> thanks.

> rui

Re:place a client application (multi-tier) on an ActiveX form

IE's default security (Medium) will not run unsigned ActiveX controls. Try
lowering tweaking the security settings so that its least restrictive for
ActiveX control download and scripting/execution. Or you can look at marking
your control safe and digitally signing it.

have fun
--
Binh Ly
Visit my COM Notes at http://www.castle.net/~bly/com

Rui Ren <r...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message

> I have been trying to put a client application on an ActiveX form.   I
have
> no problem access it from IE on my computer, where I am doing the
> programming and where the webserver sits.  But I can not access it from
any
> other computers. It is clear to me that the ocx and two additional files
are
> already download and registered, but in the webbrowser I only get a empty
> box with a little icon at the top left corner.  I reckon it has something
> do with the multi-tier nature of the application, because I tested ActiveX
> with a simple application and it works fine.  Does anyone has some ideas?

> thanks.

> rui

Other Threads