Problem with properties that reference a component in another package in C++ Builder 6

"Neil Fortune" <n...@fasl.co.uk> wrote in message

> I've managed to re-create this behaviour as follows:

Sorry, but I cannot duplicate given this set of instructions.  I added the
two components to a new unit of a new package and installed the package.
Then I created a new application and placed both components (just to be
sure) onto the form.  No AV.  I then saved all, closed Builder, then
re-opened and still no AV.

For reference, I'm running BCB6 Patch 2 on WinXP Pro.

- Clayton

Re:Problem with properties that reference a component in another package in C++ Builder 6

Cheers Malcom !

"Malcolm Smith" <mjfreelanc...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

> This is a known issue with BCB6 - it has been bugging me since BCB6 was
> released.

> There is no current solution.

> --
> Malcolm Smith
> MJ Freelancing- http://www.mjfreelancing.com
> Software Protection for C++Builder
> Borland Technology Partner

Re:Problem with properties that reference a component in another package in C++ Builder 6

I have posted the same error to this newsgroup some weeks ago. It makes
no difference between a trial version or a registered one, this is a problem
of the BCB6. I posted the problem to the Borland Quality Center (Report
number 3110) and got an answer from Stefan Hoffmeister (another customer)
that there exists an Update Pack 3, but I couldn't find it. It seems, this
Update
Pack 3 is only for the english version of BCB6, but I use the german
version.

I could avoid the "Access violation" using the base type TComponent* as
the property type and using get- and setfunctions to casting the type to
my ownerdefined type. Further I wrote a property editor in order to show
only components of my ownerdefined type in the drop-down list of the
object inspector.

"Gerhard Mller" <gerhard.muel...@dlr.de> wrote in message

> I posted the problem to the Borland Quality Center (Report
> number 3110) and got an answer from Stefan Hoffmeister (another customer)

[snip]

Just a minor correction here.  Stefan is an employee of Borland and is a
very active moderator of Quality Central.

In article <3e35622...@newsgroups.borland.com>,
claytonare...@hotmail.com says...

> "Gerhard Mller" <gerhard.muel...@dlr.de> wrote in message

> > I posted the problem to the Borland Quality Center (Report
> > number 3110) and got an answer from Stefan Hoffmeister (another customer)
> [snip]

> Just a minor correction here.  Stefan is an employee of Borland and is a
> very active moderator of Quality Central.

Hey, I suppose it's the same Stefan who was member of TeamB some years
ago. Glad to hear he is now working for Borland. I wondered why he
disappeared suddenly from the newsgroups.

Michel
--
-------------------------------
Michel Leunen

"Michel Leunen" <m...@skynet.be> wrote in message

> Hey, I suppose it's the same Stefan who was member of TeamB some years
> ago. Glad to hear he is now working for Borland. I wondered why he
> disappeared suddenly from the newsgroups.

Yes it is, and now you know. ;-)

- Clayton

Re:Problem with properties that reference a component in another package in C++ Builder 6

Hy Clayton,

thank's for that information. I didn't know it. So I hope, that Borland
will correct this problem for BCB6 german version too.

> So I hope, that Borland will correct this problem for BCB6 german version

too.

So do I.  However, technically they haven't fixed the problem for the
English version yet.  Patch 3 still hasn't been released so is still in a
"beta" state.  I would love to d/l and test it but I have no time currently
since I am in the final phase of our current project.

Regards,

- Clayton

Other Threads