GPU Processing

2006-12-17 06:34:24 AM
cppbuilder86
Hi all,
I have limited knowledge about GPU programming, but I have programmed an
image processing application that performs various functions on the Bitmap
and Jpegs. Some of the processing can take up to 20 - 30 seconds an image.
It seems logical to utilise the GPU to perform all the vector calculations
on the image. Im assuming the speed between the GPU and CPU is significantly
different for images. However if this is the case how do I go about doing
this. Will I need to write the application as a DX9/ OpenGl application?
Also is there some sort of link or tutorial that can get me going with the
basics of DX9 bitmap processing etc...
Thanks in advance,
Mike

Re:GPU Processing

"Moon2" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

I think that I know more about win32 graphics than the average
bear and all I can say is: Huh?
~ JD

Re:GPU Processing

I think that answers my question :) Sorry for any inconvience.

{smallsort}

Re:GPU Processing

Moon2 wrote:
I have limited knowledge about GPU programming, but I have programmed an
image processing application that performs various functions on the Bitmap
and Jpegs. Some of the processing can take up to 20 - 30 seconds an image.
It seems logical to utilise the GPU to perform all the vector calculations
on the image. Im assuming the speed between the GPU and CPU is
significantly different for images. However if this is the case how do I
go about doing this. Will I need to write the application as a DX9/ OpenGl
application? Also is there some sort of link or tutorial that can get me
going with the basics of DX9 bitmap processing etc...
Look up: www.gpgpu.org/
HTH
Jonathan

Re:GPU Processing

Thanks thats a very nice link
Look up: www.gpgpu.org/

HTH

Jonathan

Re:GPU Processing

Hi Mike,
You can also use the IPP library from Intel, or alternatively VideoLab -
www.mitov.com . The second is free for personal needs and has a large
number of filters and 2D geometric transformations that can perform on
Bitmaps or running video.
Cheers,
Boian
Moon2 wrote:
I have limited knowledge about GPU programming, but I have programmed an

Re:GPU Processing

Thanks a mil