DsgnIntf problem in c++Builder 2006

Hi there.
Recently, i've ran into a insuloble problem while installing a Builder 5.0
components written in pascal ( *.pas) to uilder 2006. The problem is in
DsgnIntf declaration that comes just after the USES word. I noticed that
this module stands for design editor feature which was allowed in builder
5.0 but not in the BDS 2006. After having pondered a little on it i've
replaced it with DSintf (which i had found in lib directory as *.dcu file).
But this didnt let me go to far from it:
blablabla = class(TDefaultEditor) fires an error " TDefaultEditor is not
found". Where is the problem?
Also i'm wondering may i get a help on what BDS system packages e.g. the
Dialogs, Comctrls etc files usually existed after USES word are in?
Thanks in advance,
Andrew.

Re:DsgnIntf problem in c++Builder 2006

You might want to search for DsgnIntf in newsgroups as this
has been answered many times. It was removed in BCB6
but there is a way around (just can't remember it). I think
it was some compiler option.
HTH Pete
"Andrew Fedoseev" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi there.

Recently, i've ran into a insuloble problem while installing a Builder 5.0
components written in pascal ( *.pas) to uilder 2006. The problem is in
DsgnIntf declaration that comes just after the USES word. I noticed that
this module stands for design editor feature which was allowed in builder
5.0 but not in the BDS 2006. After having pondered a little on it i've
replaced it with DSintf (which i had found in lib directory as *.dcu
file).
But this didnt let me go to far from it:

Re:DsgnIntf problem in c++Builder 2006

From the Help File:-
When upgrading Pascal Component Design Packages, it may be necessary to add
design packages to the Requires list for the package and to specify the
Object Pascal compiler 'Use package' switch. For example, you may encounter
errors such as the following:
[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'PROXIES.OBJ'
[Pascal Fatal Error] : File not found: 'DesignIntf.dcu'
[Pascal Fatal Error] : File not found: 'DesignEditors.dcu'
If you encounter this type of error, open the design package in the IDE and
follow these steps:
1. In the Package Manager, select the Requires node, right-click and choose
Add to add DesignIDE.bpi.
2. Edit the XML source of the package by choosing Project|Edit Option
Source.
3. In the source displayed, change the PFLAGS setting by adding an -LU
switch to make the PFLAGS line look something like the following:
<PFLAGS value="-$YD -$W -$O- -v -JPHNE -M -LUDesignIde"/>
If you have components that combine design and runtime code in one package,
it is recommended that you separate these into design and runtime packages.
Otherwise, you may receive similar errors when linking applications that use
the component.

{smallsort}

Re:DsgnIntf problem in c++Builder 2006

Thanks for answers, friends.
I'm probably being stupid or there is not any option called "Edit Option
Resource" in Builder 2006. I just didnt see it at all.
I was charmed and confused a little when i saw new Help feature in the first
time. Powerfull but not simple imho...
Anyway, thanks.
What about correlation between pascal modules (Messages, Dialogs) and
system*.bpi files i've mentioned in the first post?
"Simon Farmer" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >сообщи?сообщила ?
новостях следующе? news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
From the Help File:-

[...]

This is no longer the case in BCB2006, but you can still edit the bpk
file if you want to.
The usual way though, is to add extra parameters to dcc32 options.

At 09:02:16, 16.12.2005, Andrew Fedoseev wrote:
Hi there.

Recently, i've ran into a insuloble problem while installing a Builder
5.0 components written in pascal ( *.pas) to uilder 2006. The problem
is in DsgnIntf declaration that comes just after the USES word.
The names of these units have changed since then. Also the name of the
package required is different. Put designide.dcp in the requires section,
and change DsgnIntf to DesignIntf.
--
Rudy.Velthuis {TeamB} velthuis.homepage.t-online.de/
"If there is no God, who pops up the next Kleenex?"

At 10:03:19, 16.12.2005, Pete Fraser wrote:
You might want to search for DsgnIntf in newsgroups as this
has been answered many times. It was removed in BCB6
It was not removed. It is now only available as part of the designide
package, which is a designtime only package. Since you only need it in
the IDE, code should be properly segregated into designtime and runtime
code. Code for a property or component editor only belongs in the IDE,
and should be separated out in its own unit and into a designtime only
package. Code for the components should remain in the runtime package.
If the code is publicly distributable, I'll have a look and separate
things out, if required. Just send it to me (don't post it to
.attachments, since Borland doesn't allow that).
--
Rudy.Velthuis {TeamB} velthuis.homepage.t-online.de/
"There is no idea so simple and powerful that you can't get zillions

Re:DsgnIntf problem in c++Builder 2006

"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >???????/???????? ? ????????
?????????: news:xn0eb2ewgcl0zke01t-velthuis@www.teamb.com...
At 09:02:16, 16.12.2005, Andrew Fedoseev wrote:

>Hi there.
>
>Recently, i've ran into a insuloble problem while installing a Builder
>5.0 components written in pascal ( *.pas) to uilder 2006. The problem
>is in DsgnIntf declaration that comes just after the USES word.

The names of these units have changed since then. Also the name of the
package required is different. Put designide.dcp in the requires section,
and change DsgnIntf to DesignIntf.
i get error while adding *.dcp file. i guess it should be bpi file so i
added designide.bpi and renamed DsIntf to designIntf as it was before.
However it stops on
[Pascal Fatal Error] MyControlDE.pas(38): F1026 File not found:
'DesignIntf.dcu'

At 22:04:25, 16.12.2005, Andrew Fedoseev wrote:
i get error while adding *.dcp file.
If this is a Delphi package (which I assumed, since you used Delphi
units), it should not be. If this is a C++ package, it should be a .bpi,
indeed.
--
Rudy.Velthuis {TeamB} velthuis.homepage.t-online.de/
"Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested

Re:DsgnIntf problem in c++Builder 2006

"Andrew Fedoseev" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >сообщи?сообщила ?новостях следующе?

"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >???????/???????? ? ????????
?????????: news:xn0eb2ewgcl0zke01t-velthuis@www.teamb.com...
>At 09:02:16, 16.12.2005, Andrew Fedoseev wrote:
>
>>Hi there.
>>
>>Recently, i've ran into a insuloble problem while installing a Builder
>>5.0 components written in pascal ( *.pas) to uilder 2006. The problem
>>is in DsgnIntf declaration that comes just after the USES word.
>
>The names of these units have changed since then. Also the name of the
>package required is different. Put designide.dcp in the requires section,
>and change DsgnIntf to DesignIntf.

i get error while adding *.dcp file. i guess it should be bpi file so i
added designide.bpi and renamed DsIntf to designIntf as it was before.
However it stops on
[Pascal Fatal Error] MyControlDE.pas(38): F1026 File not found:
'DesignIntf.dcu'
Got trough this. Afterwards it has stopped on TDefaultEditor
[Pascal Error] MyControlDE.pas(43): E2003 Undeclared identifier:
'TDefaultEditor'
>Rudy.Velthuis {TeamB} velthuis.homepage.t-online.de/
>
>"If there is no God, who pops up the next Kleenex?"
>-- Art Hoppe.

Re:DsgnIntf problem in c++Builder 2006

"Andrew Fedoseev" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Got trough this. Afterwards it has stopped on TDefaultEditor
[Pascal Error] MyControlDE.pas(43): E2003 Undeclared identifier:
'TDefaultEditor'
In addition to unit name changes, many of the classes in the old DsgnIntf
unit were separated out into new units. In this specific case,
TDefaultEditor is now located in the DesignEditors unit.
Gambit

At 22:22:36, 16.12.2005, Andrew Fedoseev wrote:
Got trough this. Afterwards it has stopped on TDefaultEditor
[Pascal Error] MyControlDE.pas(43): E2003 Undeclared identifier:
'TDefaultEditor'
Oh, that seems to be in DesignEditors, nowadays.
--
Rudy.Velthuis {TeamB} velthuis.homepage.t-online.de/
"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents."

?????????: news:xn0eb2kchcsh3is02q-velthuis@www.teamb.com...
At 22:22:36, 16.12.2005, Andrew Fedoseev wrote:

>Got trough this. Afterwards it has stopped on TDefaultEditor
>[Pascal Error] MyControlDE.pas(43): E2003 Undeclared identifier:
>'TDefaultEditor'

Oh, that seems to be in DesignEditors, nowadays.
Yeah i dawned upon it. I just searched troughout all BDS directory for
"TDeafultEditor" in text. But the problem i'm curretnly stuck on is
"Proxies" which is present in DesignEditors module and that seem to have no
Proxies.pas file... i used to include folders with *.pas sources to proceed
with compilation but now i'm really puzzled.

At 07:00:57, 17.12.2005, Andrew Fedoseev wrote:
Yeah i dawned upon it. I just searched troughout all BDS directory for
"TDeafultEditor" in text. But the problem i'm curretnly stuck on is
"Proxies" which is present in DesignEditors module and that seem to
have no Proxies.pas file...
Like I said, that is only required in designtime code. Runtime code
should not refer to it. If a component refers to it, you should separate
out the code which requires it into a new designtime unit. So now you
have one unit with code for the component, and another with code for the
design editors, etc. for it. Both go into the designtime package to
install them in the IDE, but only the component goes into the runtime
package you use with your apps.
I had a simple component TDirectoryIterator in a unit DirIters, and the
code to edit the Directory property was also in that same file. I put the
code for the design editor in a new unit, called RegDirIters, and removed
it from DirIters. In the IDE, I installed both files, but in runtime
code, I only use DirIters.
--
Rudy.Velthuis {TeamB} velthuis.homepage.t-online.de/
"Ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you, but