User name login for service...

2006-12-08 11:23:57 AM
cppbuilder70
Hiya,
Thanks for your reply :-)
"Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news:4578c9a5$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Are you setting that at design-time? If so, then don't. Set it
programmably in the service's OnStart event instead.
Ah, OK, will do.
>1. Using a local (administrator) user gives error at servive INSTALL time
>and fails to install : " System Error. Code 1057. The account name is
invalid
>or does not exist or the password is invalid for the account name
specified "

How exactly did you specify it?
Simply the user name, and password, exactly as I login with - i.e.
quentin.jones
password
(using my real password)
Should it be done differently?
>Do I have to enable some user privileges somewhere ?

No.
Hmmm,
I found this page which talks about "Login as service" privilege :
support.microsoft.com/kb/259733
Should I try that?
Q.

Re:User name login for service...

"Quentin David Jones" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Simply the user name, and password, exactly as I login with - i.e.
quentin.jones
password
(using my real password)
Should it be done differently?
Yes. If you read the documentation, the username has to be specified in
"DomainName\Username" format.
Gambit