DevSnapshot version

2006-12-11 07:21:32 PM
cppbuilder4
I install in my Builder 6, 9 version of Indy from FTP indy . After
installation I have seen in window About that it is DevSnapshot version.
Whish number exactly DevSnapshot version? Is it 9.0.50?

Re:DevSnapshot version

Vlad wrote:
I install in my Builder 6, 9 version of Indy from FTP indy . After
installation I have seen in window About that it is DevSnapshot version.
Whish number exactly DevSnapshot version? Is it 9.0.50?
You can find out which version you got yourself as every component comes with
a property Version wich ypu can read out easily.
Hans.

Re:DevSnapshot version

You can find out which version you got yourself as every component comes
with
a property Version wich ypu can read out easily.
Caption=IdUDPClient1->Version;
got DevSnapshot

{smallsort}

Re:DevSnapshot version

Vlad wrote:
Caption=IdUDPClient1->Version;
got DevSnapshot
Nahh.. and what did it display?
Hans.

Re:DevSnapshot version

"Hans Galema" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Nahh.. and what did it display?
Please pay closer attention. "DevSnapShot" **IS** what is actually being
displayed. As it should be, because that is how IdVers.inc is currently set
up:
--- IdVers.inc ---
gsIdProductName = 'Indy'; {do not localize}
// Delphi 9 - 9.0.50
gsIdVersion = 'DevSnapshot'; {do not localize} // <-- HERE
--- IdBaseComponent.pas ---
function TIdBaseComponent.GetVersion: string;
begin
Result := gsIdVersion;
end;
Gambit

Re:DevSnapshot version

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
// Delphi 9 - 9.0.50
gsIdVersion = 'DevSnapshot'; {do not localize} // <-- HERE
Would not gsIdVersion = 'DevSnapshot follow up of 9.0.50'; make more sence?
I mean, now every DevSnapShot will display the same, where they will
change through the years also.
Hans.