System Time

2003-09-27 06:43:51 PM
cppbuilder43
Hi all,
This might sound like a silly question, but I just started learning C++ so
please bare with me.
What type of variable holds time data type. I need to compare time retrieved
from a database with the system time then get the difference between them.
A detailed ansewer would be higly appreciated.

Re:System Time

Many thnx for your reply.
For some reasone I didn't find "Date/time routines" in #3. I am using BCB 6,
and my database is on paradox 7. the field's type that I mentioned earlier
is Time (T).
Thanx again in advance.
"JD" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

"Freedom" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>[...] What type of variable holds time data type.

TTime or TDateTime

>I need to compare time retrieved from a database with the
>system time then get the difference between them.

What format is the database time? To use the native functions
it will eventually need to be a TTime or TDateTime.

>A detailed ansewer would be higly appreciated.

There are dozens of ways to do it. Take a look at the native
Date/Time routines:

1) Within the IDE, click the Help Button.
2) Click the Find Tab where you'll see 3 numbered fields.
3) In #1 enter 'TDateTime'
4) In #2 click 'TDatTime'
5) In #3 click 'Date/time routines'

~ JD