help writting client/server app, using TcpServer/TcpClient or similar components

2004-01-02 12:14:25 AM
cppbuilder62
I am trying to make a client/server app that checks the server
to see if the a certain file is newer than the version that
the client already has. If it is, then it downloads the file and replaces it. I am really struggling trying to even send a simple text string using these components, does anyone know of a good resource to learn more about this? The documentation that comes with BCB 6.0 Enterprise is very very limited.
Thanks in advance,
Aaron

Re:help writting client/server app, using TcpServer/TcpClient or similar components

Aaron wrote:
I am trying to make a client/server app that checks the server
A client app that checks the server ? You make the server too ?
A certain protocol ?
to see if the a certain file is newer than the version that
the client already has. If it is, then it downloads the file and replaces it. I am really struggling trying to even send a simple text string using these components, does anyone know of a good resource to learn more about this? The documentation that comes with BCB 6.0 Enterprise is very very limited.
Please wrap lines.
You could have a look at the chat example that comes with bcb5 ( don't know
if it is still with bcb6).
And you could better ask in the b.p.c.i.socket newgroup and
start reading lots of threads there.
Hans.