confusion on screen->activeform

2006-03-22 12:08:08 AM
cppbuilder38
Hello, can someone explain to me why the following happens.
I have been using the screen->activeform->name for some specialized
processing and up to now the screen name has been the name I have given the
form in the IDE.
Now after adding an additional form, and I have a large number of forms, the
screen->activeform->name instead has a "_1" appended to it. In other words
the screen name of say ClientForm actually reads as ClientForm_1.
So I am a bit confused on why this would happen.
Thanks for any information on this topic.

Re:confusion on screen->activeform

"mike" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

[...] Now after adding an additional form, [...] the
screen->activeform->name instead has a "_1" appended to it.
[...] So I am a bit confused on why this would happen.
The names need to be unique and I'm guessing that you are
dynamically allocating the form and failing to set the Name
to something unique.
What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
Please post some code.
~ JD