Remove Indy Reference from Project

2007-03-23 07:33:08 PM
cppbuilder59
Hi,
I want to remove the Indy reference from my Project. I have
uninstalled the same from the packages list and removed all the bpi
reference from the project files, but still the project library is
included with Indy.
When I look into the command line options, I find this line included.
"c:\program files\borland\bds\4.0\Include\Indy9";
but the command line is not editable. Can any one help me how to
remove the indy reference?
Thanks,
Vicky.

Re:Remove Indy Reference from Project

Hi,
I want to remove Indy reference from my project. I have removed the
indy from my Packages library and still my libraries are included with
indy.
When I looked in the command line it had a statement like
"c:\program files\borland\bds\4.0\Include\Indy9";
how to dereference indy from my Project?
I am using BCB 2006.

< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

I want to remove the Indy reference from my Project. I have
uninstalled the same from the packages list and removed all the bpi
reference from the project files, but still the project library is
included with Indy.

When I look into the command line options, I find this line
included.

"c:\program files\borland\bds\4.0\Include\Indy9";

but the command line is not editable. Can any one help me how to
remove the indy reference?
That is just the compiler's default include path (-I). It doesn't mean
your project is using the Indy library itself. If it really bothers
you, open the bdsproj file in notepad (close project in IDE first) and
remove it there.
--
Bruce

{smallsort}

XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:

I want to remove the Indy reference from my Project. I have
uninstalled the same from the packages list and removed all
the bpi reference from the project files, but still the
project library is included with Indy.
No need to uninstall anything. The only thing that you need to
do is to Click Project | Options, select the Packages tab and
edit the edit box inside the section labeled Runtime Packages.
It's not documented but my observations are that the packages
listed there are carried over from the last project that was
opened even though there is a default that should be loaded
but I've never known when or how. I just make it a point to
edit that project option when I start a new project and the
IDE will automatically keep it to date as stuff gets added.
If you still get linker errors, look for a strange #include
or #pragma link statement that might be left over.
When I look into the command line options, I find this line included.

"c:\program files\borland\bds\4.0\Include\Indy9";
That's nothing to worry about. It's just a search path.
~ JD

Re:Remove Indy Reference from Project

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:
When I looked in the command line it had a statement like
"c:\program files\borland\bds\4.0\Include\Indy9";

how to dereference indy from my Project?

I am using BCB 2006.
Followups set to: borland.public.cppbuilder.ide since this is a
technical question about the C++ personality.
Check the include paths in the project options (there are multiple
configurations, All, Debug, and release) and in the environment options.
--
-David Dean
CodeGear C++ QA Engineer