console application

I am a beginning C++ student and have worked with the Borland Delphi 6 & 7 apps for Pascal. I just picked up Borland C++ Builder 6 and would like to keep working with this in the C++ class.
My first question is how to open a CONSOLE APP and then after writing the basic program (let's say the good 'ol "HELLO WORLD!"), how do I make it pause (to show my output) after I RUN it.
Appreciate any help, thamks.

Re:console application

"troy hartman" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
My first question is how to open a CONSOLE APP
File | New | Console Wizard
and then after writing the basic program (let's say the good 'ol
"HELLO WORLD!"), how do I make it pause (to show my
output) after I RUN it.
The same way you do for any console app under any compiler - make the
console app ask the user for input, such as calling getch().
Gambit
---

Re:console application

"troy hartman" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
My first question is how to open a CONSOLE APP and then after
writing the basic program (let's say the good 'ol "HELLO WORLD!"),
how do I make it pause (to show my output) after I RUN it.
To create: File | New | Other | Console Wizard
To make it pause, put a breakpoint on the closing } of main(). The
de{*word*81} will stop there.
--
Chris(TeamB);

{smallsort}

Re:console application

Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB) < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
"troy hartman" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:

>My first question is how to open a CONSOLE APP and then after
>writing the basic program (let's say the good 'ol "HELLO WORLD!"),
>how do I make it pause (to show my output) after I RUN it.

To create: File | New | Other | Console Wizard

To make it pause, put a breakpoint on the closing } of main(). The
de{*word*81} will stop there.

--
Chris(TeamB);
thanks!

Re:console application

Hi!
I'm working on a console application for HP/UX. This application displays
its results in an old green-text terminal. I was wondering if there's any
way to:
1) Change the location of the cursor (some sort of gotoXY()), so that I can
display text anywhere on the console window
2) Change the text attributes (mainly to display inverse-video and "bold"
text).
Thank you very much in advance,
Diego De Marco

Re:console application

The short answer is yes; terminals respond to escape sequences that tell
them how to display text (bold, underline, cursor position, etc.) but I
can't find the right reference for HP/UX for you. Enter your terminal type
plus "escape sequence" in Google and you should find what you're looking
for. You may be lucky enough to find a Java library that will do it all for
you as well.
--
Check out our latest white papers at
BladeNET Scores With Borland Enterprise Tools