BCB for web applicaions

2004-09-17 07:44:57 PM
cppbuilder92
Hello:
Can anybody tell me, in what regard BCB can be used to developing web
applications?
What all applications can be developed?
Thanks,
Sudesh

Re:BCB for web applicaions

Sudesh wrote:
Can anybody tell me, in what regard BCB can be used to developing web
applications?

What all applications can be developed?
What kind of webapplications do exist ?
Please name them so we can say yes or no.
Hans.

Re:BCB for web applicaions

Hi Hans:
I do not know really. Sorry about my igorance. There is a section Creating
Internet server applications in BCB Help.
But can you pl. quickly tell me in what ways BCB is used for Internet
related applications?
Thanks
Sudesh
"Hans Galema" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Sudesh wrote:

>Can anybody tell me, in what regard BCB can be used to developing web
>applications?
>
>What all applications can be developed?

What kind of webapplications do exist ?

Please name them so we can say yes or no.

Hans.

{smallsort}

Re:BCB for web applicaions

Sudesh wrote:
I do not know really. Sorry about my igorance. There is a section Creating
Internet server applications in BCB Help.

But can you pl. quickly tell me in what ways BCB is used for Internet
related applications?
No. This makes no sence. If you don't tell what you want I cannot answer.
Hans.

Re:BCB for web applicaions

for example Active Server Pages?
Is it used to develop ActiveX control for ASP for servers?

Sudesh wrote:
for example Active Server Pages?
That is too general.
Is it used to develop ActiveX control for ASP for servers?
That I don't know.
If you want to know if it is possible to construct
ActiveX controls with c++ builder, then please try
menu File - New and have a look at the ActiveX tab.
Have a look also in:
borland.public.cppbuilder.activex
Hans.

Re:BCB for web applicaions

I have the professional version that lacks the internet components found in
the more expensive enterprise edition. I used a 3rd party product component
called CGIExpert to create some really nice CGI executables that perform
very well.
Basically, I create my web pages using any html web editor and I put the
business logic into my BCB C++ executable. My executable reads in the html
forms, etc. Also, you can dynamically build web content such as grids that
display data. Please note that an IIS server is required in order to serve
your pages. It will not work on an Apache server.
Although it is very easy to use CGIExpert, it does not appear to support
multi-threading. Since it is so easy to use, the class structure appears
limited in this respect. I don't know if that is the case with cgi/dlls
built with the BCB enterprise components since I have never played with
them.