TIniFile implementation in portable C++

2005-02-14 11:28:16 PM
cppbuilder89
Is there an open source, portable (Win&Linux) C++ implementation of TIniFile
class (or something similar in functions)?

Re:TIniFile implementation in portable C++

<Khan>wrote in message news:4210c393$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Is there an open source, portable (Win&Linux) C++ implementation
of TIniFile class (or something similar in functions)?
You coulde use TMemIniFile.
Gambit

Re:TIniFile implementation in portable C++

Is TMemIniFile in C++ ?
(I do not want to use Kylix -a dead product- but use gcc in Linux)

>Is there an open source, portable (Win&Linux) C++ implementation
>of TIniFile class (or something similar in functions)?

You coulde use TMemIniFile.

Gambit

{smallsort}

Re:TIniFile implementation in portable C++

I suppose that some *home made* version of TIniFile must
exist, but anyway it's not common to make something that
already exists and works.
If you need that for Linux it's better to ask in 'their world'.
Making the custom class from scratch that manages INI files is
not hard from my point of view. Once I made *my* version
of TIniFile (but is based on VCL TIniFile, so unusable for you),
which has some special features, like:
* adding, editing, deleting sections/keys/etc from code so you can
process loading/saving from one pass (from a loop)
* possibility to assign hardcoded (default) value
* possibility to assign validation function to any key, so check if
the key has appropriate value (which can depend on values of
other keys)
* possibility to assign correction function to any key, so you can
make a corrections to existing values
* and much more.
--
Best regards,
Vladimir Stefanovic
<Khan>wrote in message news:4210c393$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Is there an open source, portable (Win&Linux) C++ implementation of
TIniFile class (or something similar in functions)?

Re:TIniFile implementation in portable C++

<Khan>wrote in message news:421208c6$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Is TMemIniFile in C++ ?
TMemIniFile is a VCL class. It is similar to TIniFile, except that the
values are stored in memory and do not use the Win32 API INI functions like
TIniFile does.
I do not want to use Kylix -a dead product-
Kylix is being revived, via FreeCLX (freeclx.sourceforge.net).
but use gcc in Linux
Then why ask about a VCL class that gcc has no concept of?
Incidently, you should consider using XML instead of INI anyway. XML is
more flexible, more standardized, gaining a lot of headway, and there are
XML parsers available for Linux.
Gambit