How to include libmysql.dll in exe

2003-12-17 10:28:55 PM
cppbuilder27
Hello all,
I finally made it to setup a connection to a MySql database. It works fine
on my localhost. Now i try to use it (the exe) on another PC in my network
but than it says... unable to load libmysql or something.... so i think the
mysql lib is not included in the exe.... i was trying to do this in the
compiler options menu but i don't know how to explicit tell the compiler and
linker to link the mysql lib in my exe...
Can someone help me out?
regards,
Marcel

Re:How to include libmysql.dll in exe

Hi Marcel,
You should copy the libmysql.dll to the client workstation along with your application or configure the project options not to use prelinked libraries. The exe file will grow up .
HTH
Jayme.
"Marcel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Hello all,

I finally made it to setup a connection to a MySql database. It works fine
on my localhost. Now i try to use it (the exe) on another PC in my network
but than it says... unable to load libmysql or something.... so i think the
mysql lib is not included in the exe.... i was trying to do this in the
compiler options menu but i don't know how to explicit tell the compiler and
linker to link the mysql lib in my exe...

Can someone help me out?

regards,

Marcel

Re:How to include libmysql.dll in exe

Yes i know but i want to make a standalone application ...
Marcel
"Jayme Jeffman Filho" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schreef in bericht
[...]

{smallsort}

Re:How to include libmysql.dll in exe

Re-read Jayme answer (2nd part):
You should copy the libmysql.dll to the client workstation along with your
application or configure the project options not to use prelinked
libraries.
The exe file will grow up .

Re:How to include libmysql.dll in exe

Hi Marcel,
Open the Project->Options editor. Select the "Linker" tab. Uncheck the "use dynamic RTL" option. Select the "Pakages". Uncheck the "Build with runtime paclages" option.
This procedure will force your application to hold all the resurces it needs to run itself. Try it.
HTH
Jayme.

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Hi Marcel,

You should copy the libmysql.dll to the client workstation along with your
application or configure the project options not to use prelinked libraries.
The exe file will grow up .

HTH

Jayme.

"Marcel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hello all,
>
>I finally made it to setup a connection to a MySql database. It works fine
>on my localhost. Now i try to use it (the exe) on another PC in my network
>but than it says... unable to load libmysql or something.... so i think
the
>mysql lib is not included in the exe.... i was trying to do this in the
>compiler options menu but i don't know how to explicit tell the compiler
and
>linker to link the mysql lib in my exe...
>
>Can someone help me out?
>
>regards,
>
>Marcel

Re:How to include libmysql.dll in exe

I am not sure but i think i have done this allready because i allways do
this but i will have a try and i will let you know ok?
Thanks for your help Jayme...
Marcel
"Jayme Jeffman Filho" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schreef in bericht
Hi Marcel,
Open the Project->Options editor. Select the "Linker" tab. Uncheck the "use
dynamic RTL" option. Select the "Pakages". Uncheck the "Build with runtime
paclages" option.
This procedure will force your application to hold all the resurces it needs
to run itself. Try it.
HTH
Jayme.
"Marcel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news:3fe16891$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Yes i know but i want to make a standalone application ...

Marcel

"Jayme Jeffman Filho" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schreef in bericht
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Hi Marcel,

You should copy the libmysql.dll to the client workstation along with your
application or configure the project options not to use prelinked
libraries.
The exe file will grow up .

HTH

Jayme.

"Marcel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hello all,
>
>I finally made it to setup a connection to a MySql database. It works
fine
>on my localhost. Now i try to use it (the exe) on another PC in my
network
>but than it says... unable to load libmysql or something.... so i think
the
>mysql lib is not included in the exe.... i was trying to do this in the
>compiler options menu but i don't know how to explicit tell the compiler
and
>linker to link the mysql lib in my exe...
>
>Can someone help me out?
>
>regards,
>
>Marcel

Re:How to include libmysql.dll in exe

Hi Jayme,
Your answer did not do it.
I am lost.... my application works fine on my laptop (where also the borland
ide is so also all required dll's etc) but when i try my application on
another pc in my network it keeps on saying 'unable to load dbexpmysql.dll'
and 'unable to load libmysql.dll). As soon as i place this dll's on that pc
then it works ok but so i did not succeed to do what i want (to compile and
link a standalone application that doesn't complain about missing dll's). I
am still looking for the solution but i can't just figure it out because
there is not that much information about this in the borland help files...
regards,
Marcel
"Jayme Jeffman Filho" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi Marcel,
Open the Project->Options editor. Select the "Linker" tab. Uncheck the "use
dynamic RTL" option. Select the "Pakages". Uncheck the "Build with runtime
paclages" option.
This procedure will force your application to hold all the resurces it needs
to run itself. Try it.
HTH
Jayme.
"Marcel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news:3fe16891$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Yes i know but i want to make a standalone application ...

Marcel

"Jayme Jeffman Filho" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schreef in bericht
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Hi Marcel,

You should copy the libmysql.dll to the client workstation along with your
application or configure the project options not to use prelinked
libraries.
The exe file will grow up .

HTH

Jayme.

"Marcel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hello all,
>
>I finally made it to setup a connection to a MySql database. It works
fine
>on my localhost. Now i try to use it (the exe) on another PC in my
network
>but than it says... unable to load libmysql or something.... so i think
the
>mysql lib is not included in the exe.... i was trying to do this in the
>compiler options menu but i don't know how to explicit tell the compiler
and
>linker to link the mysql lib in my exe...
>
>Can someone help me out?
>
>regards,
>
>Marcel

Re:How to include libmysql.dll in exe

A dll is a Dynamic Link Library. The nature of which is you can't link
it statically. Unless you have a static form of the libmysql library,
you cannot do what you wish to do.
Marcel wrote:

Yes i know but i want to make a standalone application ...

Marcel

"Jayme Jeffman Filho" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schreef in bericht
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Hi Marcel,

You should copy the libmysql.dll to the client workstation along with your
application or configure the project options not to use prelinked libraries.
The exe file will grow up .

HTH

Jayme.

Re:How to include libmysql.dll in exe

Hi Marcel,
Well, my knowledge ends here. I hope someone else can help you.
Jayme.
"Marcel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news:3fe22438$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Hi Jayme,

Your answer did not do it.

I am lost.... my application works fine on my laptop (where also the borland
ide is so also all required dll's etc) but when i try my application on
another pc in my network it keeps on saying 'unable to load dbexpmysql.dll'
and 'unable to load libmysql.dll). As soon as i place this dll's on that pc
then it works ok but so i did not succeed to do what i want (to compile and
link a standalone application that doesn't complain about missing dll's). I
am still looking for the solution but i can't just figure it out because
there is not that much information about this in the borland help files...

regards,

Marcel

"Jayme Jeffman Filho" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Hi Marcel,

Open the Project->Options editor. Select the "Linker" tab. Uncheck the "use
dynamic RTL" option. Select the "Pakages". Uncheck the "Build with runtime
paclages" option.
This procedure will force your application to hold all the resurces it needs
to run itself. Try it.

HTH

Jayme.

"Marcel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news:3fe16891$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Yes i know but i want to make a standalone application ...
>
>Marcel
>
>"Jayme Jeffman Filho" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schreef in bericht
>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hi Marcel,
>
>You should copy the libmysql.dll to the client workstation along with your
>application or configure the project options not to use prelinked
libraries.
>The exe file will grow up .
>
>HTH
>
>Jayme.
>
>"Marcel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
>message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>Hello all,
>>
>>I finally made it to setup a connection to a MySql database. It works
fine
>>on my localhost. Now i try to use it (the exe) on another PC in my
network
>>but than it says... unable to load libmysql or something.... so i think
>the
>>mysql lib is not included in the exe.... i was trying to do this in the
>>compiler options menu but i don't know how to explicit tell the compiler
>and
>>linker to link the mysql lib in my exe...
>>
>>Can someone help me out?
>>
>>regards,
>>
>>Marcel

Re:How to include libmysql.dll in exe

Hello, Marcel.
Wednesday, December 17, 2003 you wrote:
M>Hello all,
M>I finally made it to setup a connection to a MySql database. It
M>works fine on my localhost. Now i try to use it (the exe) on
M>another PC in my network but than it says... unable to load
M>libmysql or something.... so i think the mysql lib is not included
M>in the exe.... i was trying to do this in the compiler options menu
M>but i don't know how to explicit tell the compiler and linker to
M>link the mysql lib in my exe...
Try out microolap DAC4MySQL, it works fine without libmysql.dll.
--
WBR,
muscatel