Problems with BCB5 Pro Linker

2004-07-06 06:57:00 PM
cppbuilder66
Hi,
This problem is driving me insane trying to solve:
When i make a small change to any of the units in my project (Iris.bpr) and
click Run, the compiler recompiles any affected units (as it should) but
then skips the linking stage and loads the last built executeable - i.e. it
doesnt reflect any changes. This is shown by the object file Iris.obj, and
the tds file Iris.tds having modification dates equal to the last full
build.
This is incredibly frustrating, in order to debug any modifications i make,
i have to do a full rebuild. Occasionally this does not work either, and i
have to delete the executable in order for it to make a new one.
I am compiling over the network, however i have eliminated this as a cause -
i get the same problem if i take local copies of all the files, and other
projects compile perfectly over the network.
It is a fairly large project (approx 30 units) and they are seperated into
diffferent directories. Could this be the problem? The IDE seems to find
them perfectly easily to compile them but just seems to forget to link!
I am using a component I downloaded, written in Pascal which i compiled and
installed to the component pallette without problems. I did have to add the
component's .pas file to the project which seemed a little strange. Could
this be it?
I have laboriously tried all the project options, creating a new project
file from scratch, deleting all the .obj, .tds files i can find... ...i'm
wracking my brains here!
Please help!
Tim Williams

Re:Problems with BCB5 Pro Linker

I've just noticed something else strange, this first file to be compiled
(almost always) is "pasall.tmp". What is this file? Is it something to do
with pascal?
Tim

Tim Williams wrote:
I've just noticed something else strange, this first file to be compiled
(almost always) is "pasall.tmp". What is this file? Is it something to do
with pascal?
Yes, it's the file where all pascal sources are put together and
compiled by the C++ compiler.

{smallsort}

Re:Problems with BCB5 Pro Linker

Ah well it doesnt seem to be causing the problem. Any other ideas?
Tim
"OBones" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Tim Williams wrote:

>I've just noticed something else strange, this first file to be compiled
>(almost always) is "pasall.tmp". What is this file? Is it something to
do
>with pascal?

Yes, it's the file where all pascal sources are put together and
compiled by the C++ compiler.

Re:Problems with BCB5 Pro Linker

Sorry, but im going to answer my own question now, in project options, under
directories and conditionals, i needed to set the Itermediate and Final path
to the project path. This solved the problem.

news:40ea8ed3$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...