*.h / *.cpp opened at the same time?

2005-02-20 06:29:54 PM
cppbuilder38
How to open the corresponding bla.h and bla.cpp files at the same time at
the editor?
Before I could do it but now can open only one of them at a time (I'm on
BCB6)
Also another question came in mind - what are these *.~* files in the
project dir; are they just backup?

Re:*.h / *.cpp opened at the same time?

Analian wrote:
How to open the corresponding bla.h and bla.cpp files at the same
time at the editor?
Before I could do it but now can open only one of them at a time (I'm
on BCB6)
If you look at the bottom of the editor you will see another set of
tabs that let you jump between the header and cpp file (and some other
pages if there is a dfm for this file)
So both files *are* open, you just need to know where to look <g>
It is also worth learning the shortcut <ctrl>-F6 that switches between
the two. I use this so often, I had forgotten there was any other way
to do this <g>
Note there is a bug that if you open the header file before the .cpp,
then <ctrl>-F6 will indeed open a second tab for you, and <ctrl-F6>
again will switch with the header inside this tab - i.e. you will have
2 copies of the header open, and edits in one do not synchronize to the
other! When this happens, I simply close the first header file so I
don't confuse myself. [Thanks to Andue for the tip here]
It certainly takes a little getting used to after previous BCBs, but
after about 3 months you will wonder how you could have worked any
other way <g>
Also another question came in mind - what are these *.~* files in the
project dir; are they just backup?
Correct. They can be safely deleted at any point.
AlisdairM(TeamB)

Re:*.h / *.cpp opened at the same time?

Thank you for the help.

{smallsort}

Re:*.h / *.cpp opened at the same time?

You can right-click in the Editor and choose New Edit Window. You can then
have the .CPP open in one and the .H open in the other...
Mark
"Analian" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Thank you for the help.

Re:*.h / *.cpp opened at the same time?