changing default project options...

2006-05-03 03:19:43 AM
cppbuilder22
HI everyone. I just had a problem with bcb.exe no disk.... somehow my
project settings got screwed up and were pointing at an invalid drive. I
think this had something to do with a system register so-called fixer I
was using. Anyway it's sorted now but my default project options are
still pointing there which is annoying. It's a library path. The
environment settings are fine, but the project default settings are bad,
can I change these manually somewhere? Thanks,
Rory.

Re:changing default project options...

HI everyone. I just had a problem with bcb.exe no disk.... somehow my
project settings got screwed up and were pointing at an invalid drive. I
think this had something to do with a system register so-called fixer I
was using. Anyway it's sorted now but my default project options are
still pointing there which is annoying. It's a library path. The
environment settings are fine, but the project default settings are bad,
can I change these manually somewhere? Thanks,

The means of restoring default defaults for subsequent new
projects is to delete this file:
C:\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\application
data\borland\bds\4.0\DefProject.bdsproj
If you are getting errors about drive letters and paths, you
might check for .DSK files in the ..\BIN and in your project's
directory. DSK files are used when you have "Autosave desktop" set ON.
--Craig

Re:changing default project options...

Thanks Craig. I don't have any .DSK files in my bin directory and
strangely enough the other folder you mentioned is empty? I did a search
for DefProject.bdsproj but found nothing? Any further suggestions?
Rory.
Craig Farrell wrote:

>HI everyone. I just had a problem with bcb.exe no disk.... somehow my
>project settings got screwed up and were pointing at an invalid drive.
>I think this had something to do with a system register so-called
>fixer I was using. Anyway it's sorted now but my default project
>options are still pointing there which is annoying. It's a library
>path. The environment settings are fine, but the project default
>settings are bad, can I change these manually somewhere? Thanks,

The means of restoring default defaults for subsequent new
projects is to delete this file:

C:\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\application
data\borland\bds\4.0\DefProject.bdsproj

If you are getting errors about drive letters and paths, you
might check for .DSK files in the ..\BIN and in your project's
directory. DSK files are used when you have "Autosave desktop" set ON.

--Craig

{smallsort}

Re:changing default project options...

>C:\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\application
>data\borland\bds\4.0\DefProject.bdsproj

Deleting the one above is for BDS. For BCB, delete ..\bin\default.bpr.
--Craig

Re:changing default project options...

Thanks Craig, a quick edit of that file to remove all references to the
invalid fine and everything works fine again. Cheers,
Rory.