NetMasters Fastnet Components and BDS2006

2006-06-20 05:43:04 PM
cppbuilder4
Is there a .bpl file I can add to BDS2006 C++ personality, so that I can use
the NetMaster Fastnet components? I am looking for something like
dclnmf100.bpl
--
?
Mark Jacobs

Re:NetMasters Fastnet Components and BDS2006

"Mark Jacobs" <www.jacobsm.com/mjmsg?Borland%20Newsgroup>wrote in
message news:4497c31d$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Is there a .bpl file I can add to BDS2006 C++ personality, so that I can
use the NetMaster Fastnet components? I am looking for something like
dclnmf100.bpl
--
I believe not, and from what I recall, it's "good riddance". You could try
asking netmasters,but most people here will probably recommend Indy 9 or

Roddy Pratt wrote:
I know you're trying to maintain BCB5 backwards compatibility with
your projects, but we found that making the decision to drop that and
switch wholeheartedly to BDS2006 allowed us to remove various gobs of
unwieldy code, due to the enhanced VCL features.
Of my 50 or so projects, I have a single one that uses the NetMasters
components. I have now stamped this project's code as "FROZEN", and I won't
port it. The .exe will remain fixed until further notice. There, that sorted
that little problem out - hah! executive decisions! :-)
--
?
Mark Jacobs

{smallsort}

Re:NetMasters Fastnet Components and BDS2006

>I know you're trying to maintain BCB5 backwards compatibility with
Of my 50 or so projects, I have a single one that uses the NetMasters
\
FWIW, deprecated items will often appear on the CD only for
a version or two, e.g. see the CD ..\Info\extras\Netmanage
directory in BCB5 and/or BCB6(?). They won't be there in
BDS2006 but it might help document/archive your older project.
--Craig