Maybe underline errors in designtime?..

2006-09-07 04:43:05 AM
cppbuilder26
Hi,
I usually write in C++ Builder, but I tried Delphi from BDS 2006, and I see
that it shows errors in code when I am writingg code - it underlines it and
when I take mouse pointer over the underlined text, it shows, what is the
error with this source code. Why don't do it for C++ Builder? I have
Bcc32Pch installed for faster compiling and I precompile all headers. When I
change only one source file, compilations takes less than 0.5s. It would be
great, if C++Builder IDE compiled in backgroung my edited sourcefile once in
2 or 3 seconds.
It wouldn't take much time to add this option to the IDE, but it would be
really helpful :)
What do you think about it?

Re:Maybe underline errors in designtime?..

"bim_bom" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I usually write in C++ Builder, but I tried Delphi from BDS 2006,
and I see that it shows errors in code when I am writingg code - it
underlines it and when I take mouse pointer over the underlined
text, it shows, what is the error with this source code.
That is called Error Insight.
Why don't do it for C++ Builder?
Error Insight is avalable for C++. But keep in mind that C++ is a much
harder language to parse dynamically than Delphi Pascal is, so Error Insight
is not always available.
Gambit

Re:Maybe underline errors in designtime?..

Użytkownik "Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >napisa?w wiadomości

"bim_bom" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:44ff32fa$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I usually write in C++ Builder, but I tried Delphi from BDS 2006,
>and I see that it shows errors in code when I am writingg code - it
>underlines it and when I take mouse pointer over the underlined
>text, it shows, what is the error with this source code.

That is called Error Insight.

>Why don't do it for C++ Builder?

Error Insight is avalable for C++. But keep in mind that C++ is a much
harder language to parse dynamically than Delphi Pascal is, so Error
Insight
is not always available.
I have BDS 2006 Update 2.
In options (Editor Options->Code insight), when I select Pascal, there is
"Error Insight" option. When I select C/C++, there is NO Error Insight
Option.
Please tell me, in what cases "Error Insight is available in C++. I wite
silly code, and it doesn't show underlines:
dd. ->sacsac;
ascasc . ->sacasc - . .- - ;. . - .- .- ;
Regards, JR

{smallsort}

Re:Maybe underline errors in designtime?..

In article <44ff3b2e$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
Error Insight is avalable for C++. But keep in mind that C++ is a much
harder language to parse dynamically than Delphi Pascal is, so Error Insight
is not always available.
It is? Under what conditions, and with what settings?
--
-David
Quis custodiet custodes ipsos?

Re:Maybe underline errors in designtime?..

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 22:43:05 +0200, "bim_bom" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
What do you think about it?
I personally turned it off even for delphi files since in my
experience it often leads to ide troubles
--
Vladimir Ulchenko aka vavan