Re: TDateTime / EncodeDateTime

2003-12-12 05:08:43 PM
cppbuilder50
Remy Lebeau (TeamB),
EncodeDateTime() is declared in the "DateUtils" unit, which is *not*
included by default.

It is on my system. Don't ask me how but my bug test project has
EncodeDateTime() available.
--
Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Re:Re: TDateTime / EncodeDateTime

Hi Andrue,
I can think of only one reason: malicious gremlins! <g>
Maybe because I'm using the personal edition
or something in the compiler / linker options?
who knows?
Stephan
"Andrue Cope" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Stephan,
What's more curious is why you had this problem at all.
Somehow I get that unit automatically.
--
Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Re:Re: TDateTime / EncodeDateTime

"Andrue Cope" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
It is on my system. Don't ask me how but my bug test
project has EncodeDateTime() available.
I grepped every VCL header file under BCB6, and *none* of the main files
include DateUtils.hpp at all under any circumstance. Only 3 header files
ever include DateUtils.hpp - dsnapcrba.hpp, dsnapent.hpp, and webdsnap.hpp.
None of those are part of the core VCL. I just created a bare-bnes app and
EncodeDateTime() did not compile until I added DateUtils.hpp manually.
Perhaps your app is using a component that includes DateUtils.hpp
internally? That is the only way I can see your app knowing about
EncodeDateTime() without explitically including DateUtils.hpp yourself.
Gambit

{smallsort}