A TRichedit as a parent for a TButton?

2005-05-16 01:53:28 AM
cppbuilder67
Hi everyone, I am currently writing a kind of text editor with buttons
that can be placed on the text. I can place the button there as a parent
of the main Form and it looks fine but there are problems. For example
every time I scroll down through the text I want my button to go up or
down accordingly which it obviously won't do. I thought that by making
the button a child of the richedt I could solve my problem without
having to write a special routine to move my button. The problem with
this is that my text disappears as soon as I place a button that is a
child of RichEdit? Has anyone any ideas on this? It would be great if I
could scroll through my text with the button staying on the same line as
it goes up and down. I think that I will probably have to write a
routine to do this so if anyone has any pointers on that I would
appreciate the advice before I start coding it. Cheers,
Rory.

Re:A TRichedit as a parent for a TButton?

"Rory Walsh" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
[...]
I don't have an answer for you, but it may be here.
home.att.net/~robertdunn/Yacs.html
Good luck.
Simon.

Re:A TRichedit as a parent for a TButton?

Cheers, I should have thought to go there myself!
I don't have an answer for you, but it may be here.
home.att.net/~robertdunn/Yacs.html

Good luck.
Simon.

{smallsort}