Using Xerces 2.3 SAXParser causes internal compiler error

2003-08-13 03:51:06 PM
cppbuilder107
I've downloaded Xerces 2.3 code to try the SAX parser. I've had to
comment out a placement delete method in XMemory.hpp as BCB (both 5&6)
do not like it. Having done this a simple call to create the parser in
a bare bone console program:
#pragma hdrstop
#include <xercesc/parsers/SAXParser.hpp>
#pragma argsused
int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
xercesc_2_3::SAXParser parser;
return 0;
}
causes:
F1004 Internal compiler error at 0xc65906 with base 0xc10000
I also get a similar internal compiler error trying to compile all the
Xerces source.
I've tried this on my home PC W2k+SP4 using fully patched BCB5 and
BCB6. I've also tried it on my work PC W2k+SP3 and fully patched BCB5.
I always get the same error.
As there are BCB6 libraries available I assume it's environmental, but
I don't know what. Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem
is? Is anyone using it successfully?
Richard Quartermaine

Re:Using Xerces 2.3 SAXParser causes internal compiler error

I've done a little digging. I've downloaded the 1.7 source which was
used to build the BCB6 dll and library that's available. It compiles
Ok. I guess the version 2 code, where namespaces and memory management
have been added, is causing the internal compile error.

Re:Using Xerces 2.3 SAXParser causes internal compiler error

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
I've downloaded Xerces 2.3 code to try the SAX parser. I've had to
comment out a placement delete method in XMemory.hpp as BCB (both 5&6)
do not like it. Having done this a simple call to create the parser in
a bare bone console program:

#pragma hdrstop

#include <xercesc/parsers/SAXParser.hpp>
#pragma argsused
int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
xercesc_2_3::SAXParser parser;
return 0;
}

causes:

F1004 Internal compiler error at 0xc65906 with base 0xc10000

Richard Quartermaine

Hi Richard,
I have the same problem when trying to compile from source. I get a
fatal error in XMLValidator.cpp at line 200-something or other I
believe.
I also commented out the second "delete" operator override because
the compiler didn't like it.
Sorry I can't help but at least you know you're not alone.
Benny

{smallsort}

Benny Hill wrote:
I also commented out the second "delete" operator override because
the compiler didn't like it.
We could do with the language lawyers, but from Stroustrup 2nd edition,
you can only have one version of delete in a class. As for the internal
compiler error, perhaps I ought to bug it in QC.
Richard

Re:Using Xerces 2.3 SAXParser causes internal compiler error

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
I've downloaded the Xerces tip code using WinCvs. This compiles and
runs with BCB6. Unfortunately BCB5 still fails with an internal
compiler error.

Ah, that's good to know! Thanks!