why does my application (only) use a max of 50% CPU time when viewed with process explorer?

2005-07-19 01:43:46 AM
cppbuilder30
Hello folks,
I am the developer of a CAD type application used for mapping. This
program is sometimes used to perform very processor intensive operations
on very large databases. When I use process explorer (from sysinternals)
to examine it's CPU usage it always shows 50%? (With the system idle
process getting the other 50%) Can anyone tell me what is going on
here?? (in contrast for example, when I use Acrobat Pro to create a
document it routinely runs right up at 99-100% typically?)
Any help on this will be appreciated...
Bruce Larrabee