Could some of you check out the .ide group?

2003-12-16 02:54:15 AM
cppbuilder95
I have a post where I'm trying to understand how paths to individual source files are
stored in a project and whether it is possible to tell BCB to store them as relative
paths in order to make .bpr files more portable between machines and disks. See the
subject:
How to tell BCB to find each project source file via relative paths?
I would appreciate any insights anyone could offer. I really want to understand BCB
project management better. Maybe I'm trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist in
the first place and the paths are relative? Or would one need to edit .bpr files to
do what I'm trying to accomplish?

Re:Could some of you check out the .ide group?

Randall Parker wrote:
I would appreciate any insights anyone could offer. I really want to
understand BCB project management better. Maybe I'm trying to solve a
problem that doesn't exist in the first place and the paths are
relative? Or would one need to edit .bpr files to do what I'm trying to
accomplish?

It seems that source paths are relative to the folder where the project
file resides.
.a

Re:Could some of you check out the .ide group?

Source paths are relative to the folder where the project resides in! I
have a case where I have developed a template application which I've added
to the respository. When I create new applications for clients from it, the
include files (directories) where it adds my core classes look something
like this.
/../../classes/
So what I've had to do, is centralize my client code and then create a new
directory called classes so that when I start a new application from the
respository, the include library paths will actually work properly.
Hope that helps,
Brent
"Alex Bakaev [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Randall Parker wrote:

>I would appreciate any insights anyone could offer. I really want to
>understand BCB project management better. Maybe I'm trying to solve a
>problem that doesn't exist in the first place and the paths are
>relative? Or would one need to edit .bpr files to do what I'm trying to
>accomplish?

It seems that source paths are relative to the folder where the project
file resides.

.a

{smallsort}