Re: Side note on product marketing

2004-05-25 02:44:16 PM
cppbuilder25
"Brent" wrote:
Sorry Peter, but there is a problem with that marketing.
Sorry Brent, but I tried to be sarcastic. English is not my native
language...
Peter

Re:Re: Side note on product marketing

And now I've only just read your PS comment. Hmmmmm, if only I read that
first then it would have all made sense! Doh.

Re:Re: Side note on product marketing

Yes Brent, Borland doesn't have programmer "mind space" to anywhere near the extent
it did, say, 15 years ago. Younger programmers are probably far less likely to know
abotu Borland than older ones or to the extent that younger programmers knew about
Borland in the 80s and early 90s.
Brent wrote:
Sorry Peter, but there is a problem with that marketing. For you and I and
everyone else here, it might be okay, but for the newbie that wants to break
into C++, they're going to get what they can.

If they aren't given the choice or don't know the choices, chances are they
will go with a MS product. How do I know? Because I work at a University
and I see lots of IT students doing C/C++ programming but never heard of
C++Builder or Borland. They're all using Visual C++.

So put it back in the shops and give the newbies a choice.

As for the Ferrari, everyone has heard of it, so it doesn't need a high
visible presence in shops. This is not so for C++Builder.

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Side note on product marketing

Both the car manufacturing and the race-team are owned by Fiat
www.grandprix.com/gpe/con-ferra.html
That's news to me. I knew that they sold the car production to Fiat in the
early 70's after hitting financial difficulties. I didn't know they sold up
to Fiat after Enzo's death.
G.