Why are you guys waiting for ?

2004-06-14 04:11:23 AM
cppbuilder76
I see a lot of nagging and b* about C++ Builder. Haven't you guys woke up
and smell the coffee? Borland Builder C++ is dead as disco. Borland will
depend on Java and Delphi for their sales, and finally M$ .NET is here to
stay... So, If I were Borland, I would release Builder C++ as open source so
you guys can do whatever you please with the old Win32 based dead {*word*99}.. You
guys remind me of the OS/2 group...
So, what are you guys waiting for?
a) Move to .NET
b) Move to Java
c) Find another line of work..

Re:Why are you guys waiting for ?

Fully Agree.
After many years of BCB and some Delphi Development, for my latest project I
had to make a choice.
1) Keep with an unsupported Dev Tool, and _hope_ for this open letter
everyone is waiting for. ...Too Risky.
2) Go over Delphi and ease into .net that way. ... Nah, don't fancy that,
after having been left high and dry by Borland in the past. It'll probably
happen again one day.
3) Take the plunge and go to MSVS.net. ...Seemed the most logical thing to
do from a business sense. Okay I've never really liked MS dev tools too
much, but in business there is no room for sentiment. At least now I don't
have to worry about it problems of it not being supported for future
projects.
The choice, keep waiting for that miracle, which may only be short lived if
it does materialise. Or get ahead and start building on a new skill set with
the latest technology.
James