32 bit Unicode Resource Workshop ?

2004-08-02 08:53:41 PM
cppbuilder15
Hi
AFAI understand, the BC C++ 5.5 does contain a Resource Compiler BRCC but no Visual IDE to create the Resources (Dialogs etc.)
Once upon a time there was the Borland/Whitewater Resource
Workshop, that could even handle 32 bit Resources in handy
RES files to be included in the project.
We still use it, and we like it, and it's much better the Microsoft Visual Studio and the clutter of RC files.
But now we need to support UNICODE that the old Resource Workshop can not handle. Is there a newer version than 4.5 from 11-17-94 ? Maybe an upgrade ? Is it part of a Borland product ? Maybe the Resource Workshop alone even free for download ?

Re:32 bit Unicode Resource Workshop ?

You are speaking of the command line tools from C++ Builder version 5
but have posted in the group for the old Borland C++ compiler.
For best results post C++ Builder questions in newsgroups where that
product is covered, newsgroups with the word 'cppbuilder' in their
name.
. Ed

Re:32 bit Unicode Resource Workshop ?

Hi Ed
No, I do not have the Borland C++ Builder. Not even a license.
I did download Borland C++ 5.5. So it's the right group, or ?
I'm looking for a Resource Workshop (something like the one delivered with Borland C++ 4.5) able to handle Unicode.
I know that the Builder ought to be able to visually create windows dialogs, but I do not know if it does use a separate program like 'Resource Workshop' or uses it's Visual Environment (like Visual Studio from Microsoft does) because I do not have the C++ Builder.
If you say: "Yes, the C++ Builder does contain a stand alone program like the older Resource Workshop, that is able to create Unicode dialog Resources (chinese etc.), that can be used for Win32 Applications (RES file)" I might buy the C++ Builder. But it would be nice to tell me which is the cheapest package that does contain such an editor, so maybe the C++ Builder is not the answer.
"Ed Mulroy [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
You are speaking of the command line tools from C++ Builder version 5
but have posted in the group for the old Borland C++ compiler.

For best results post C++ Builder questions in newsgroups where that
product is covered, newsgroups with the word 'cppbuilder' in their
name.

. Ed

{smallsort}

Re:32 bit Unicode Resource Workshop ?

No, I do not have the Borland C++ Builder. Not even a license.
I did download Borland C++ 5.5. So it's the right group, or ?
Both of those are false. Here is a copy of what I told you before.
----------------------------
You are speaking of the command line tools from C++ Builder
version 5 but have posted in the group for the old Borland C++
compiler.
For best results post C++ Builder questions in newsgroups where
that product is covered, newsgroups with the word 'cppbuilder' in
their
name.
----------------------------
I told you that what you have downloaded is the command line tools
from C++ Builder and pointed you to where you could find help on those
tools. Why are you arguing?
. Ed
MaWin wrote in message
news:410f984a$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Re:32 bit Unicode Resource Workshop ?

Hi
AFAI understand, the BC C++ 5.5 does contain a Resource Compiler BRCC but no Visual IDE to create the Resources (Dialogs etc.)
Once upon a time there was the Borland/Whitewater Resource
Workshop, that could even handle 32 bit Resources in handy
RES files to be included in the project.
We still use it, and we like it, and it's much better the Microsoft Visual Studio and the clutter of RC files.
But now we need to support UNICODE that the old Resource Workshop can not handle. Is there a newer version than 4.5 from 11-17-94 ? Maybe an upgrade ? Is it part of a Borland product ? Maybe the Resource Workshop alone even free for download ?

Re:32 bit Unicode Resource Workshop ?

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 15:29:45 -0400, "Ed Mulroy [TeamB]"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
You are speaking of the command line tools from C++ Builder version 5
but have posted in the group for the old Borland C++ compiler.

For best results post C++ Builder questions in newsgroups where that
product is covered, newsgroups with the word 'cppbuilder' in their
name.

. Ed

Ed,
I have Borland 5.2.Does its resource workshop handle unicode?
Thanks

Re:32 bit Unicode Resource Workshop ?

I don't know. I've never seen a "Borland 5.2". If you mean Borland
C++ 5.02 from 1997, then no, its resource editor has no facilities for
unicode.
. Ed
Jeff Kish wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

I have Borland 5.2.Does its resource workshop handle unicode?