BCB2006 Upgrade

2005-11-01 01:28:34 AM
cppbuilder47
Is there a break for Pro users upgrading to Enterprise?
If not, are the dbExpress Drivers (& Oracle) and Intraweb8 WebApp the only differences?
--
-Michael

Re:BCB2006 Upgrade

Michael Gillen wrote:
Is there a break for Pro users upgrading to Enterprise?
If not, are the dbExpress Drivers (& Oracle) and Intraweb8 WebApp the only
differences?
I believe Pro users are entitled to the upgrade pricing for Enterprise.
In the US, anyway, there appears to be one upgrade price.
The shop.borland.com website is pretty messed up right now. I believe in
the past it specifically said the Enterprise Upgrade was for any owner of
C++ Builder 3 Professional or newer/higher. Currently it doesn't specify
what's eligible for upgrade pricing, nor does it even list C++ Builder
2006 under the "Products" or "Promotions" areas.
www.borland.com/resources/en/pdf/products/cbuilder/cbuilder2006_datasheet.pdf
www.borland.com/resources/en/pdf/products/delphi/delphi2006_datasheet.pdf
has more details on the differences between Pro and Enterprise. Since
you're also getting Delphi & C# Builder in the same box, some differences
may be more apparent in other languages.
--
-Brion
There's no such thing as 'one, true way;'

Re:BCB2006 Upgrade

Brion L. Webster wrote:
has more details on the differences between Pro and Enterprise. Since you're also getting Delphi
& C# Builder in the same box, some differences may be more apparent in other languages.
I saw the feature matrixes, but they looked pretty sparse as opposed to previous years, hence my
concern.
I too remember an upgrade path from Pro to Enterprise in the past.
I talked to customer service but they weren't sure. So they passed me to sales who thought that
there was "probably" no upgrade path for pro users, but they weren't sure.
I suppose that I could buy the Enterprise upgrade and try it, but according to the Refund Policy
"The item(s) must be in resalable condition and unused (i.e., unbroken disk seal, undamaged
packaging, complete reference material).." I don't know how to test it without opening it.
--
-Michael Gillen

{smallsort}

Re:BCB2006 Upgrade