Borland Development Studio 2006 Which news groups

2006-10-19 10:54:25 PM
cppbuilder13
Hi
I am a long time user of Cbuilder.
But I am confused on the new versions a bit.
I hear that Delphi 2005 and Borland Development Studio 2006
are actually identical but given different names for production
tracking.
Is this true? Could I order either one and get the exact same
functionality?
Also Which news groups are intended for BDS 2006.
I didn't see any labeled either BDS or Development studio???
Thanks

Re:Borland Development Studio 2006 Which news groups

Delphi 2006 and BDS2006 are identical NOT Delphi2005
Use newsgroups for appropriate language that you are using
ie. Delphi or Cpp/C++
When posting, tell people which IDE you are using.
Have fun!
Pete
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi

I am a long time user of Cbuilder.
But I am confused on the new versions a bit.

I hear that Delphi 2005 and Borland Development Studio
2006
are actually identical but given different names for
production
tracking.

Is this true? Could I order either one and get the exact
same
functionality?

Also Which news groups are intended for BDS 2006.

I didn't see any labeled either BDS or Development
studio???

Thanks

Re:Borland Development Studio 2006 Which news groups

< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I hear that Delphi 2005 and Borland Development Studio
2006 are actually identical
BDS 2006 is actually Delphi 2006 with C++ and C# included. Delphi 2005 and
Delphi 2006 are not the same (2006 is a newer version).
Delphi 2006, C++Builder 2006, and C#Builder 2006, on the other hand, are all
the identical BDS 2006 product, just with individual product brandings.
Could I order either one and get the exact same functionality?
Yes.
Also Which news groups are intended for BDS 2006.
All of the existing newsgroups apply to BDS. Newsgroups are
version-neutral. Just make sure that you post language-specific questions
to the appropriate language newsgroups (don't post C++ questions to Delphi
newsgroups, etc).
Gambit

{smallsort}

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
>Also Which news groups are intended for BDS 2006.

All of the existing newsgroups apply to BDS. Newsgroups are
version-neutral.
Not quite true.
We are always chasing BCB/BDS people out of TC and BCPP groups.
Better to say the C++ BDS and Turbo C++ Explorer questions should go
to the Builder groups (cppbuilder) such as this one.
The Delphi groups, OTOH, probably are neutral..