Debug Inspector in Personal Edition

2006-06-30 12:11:58 PM
cppbuilder103
Am I correct in that the Debug Inspector is disabled in the C++ Builder
6 Personal Edition?
If so any idea on the cost to upgrade to the professional edition...
in other words is the upgrade valid from the personal edition to the
professional or will the upgrade only work with a prior professional
version. Also, what would it cost to upgrade to the 2006 vesions?
Thanks/Hal

Re:Debug Inspector in Personal Edition

I just spoke with Borland and they confirmed that there is no
interactive de{*word*81} in this version. They thought that Turbo C++
Builder X might have it but were not sure. Does anyone know if that
version has it and will the projects I developed in Builder 6 with VCL
and some LMD routines work with out any real problems? Thanks / Hal
XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:
Am I correct in that the Debug Inspector is disabled in the C++ Builder
6 Personal Edition?

If so any idea on the cost to upgrade to the professional edition...
in other words is the upgrade valid from the personal edition to the
professional or will the upgrade only work with a prior professional
version. Also, what would it cost to upgrade to the 2006 vesions?

Thanks/Hal

Re:Debug Inspector in Personal Edition

Turbo C++ 4.5 and C++BuilderX Personal Edition both have full-featured
de{*word*81}s.
Upgrading to the 2006 version is...
460 USD for Pro Edition
1,490 USD for Ent Edition
2,490 USD for Arch Edition
Assuming you can upgrade to those versions from the aforementioned
product. I believe you CAN upgrade from C++Builder 6 Personal Edition
(which was essentially the Standard Edition), but I'm not sure about
Turbo C++ Suite
Nate.

XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:
>Am I correct in that the Debug Inspector is disabled in the C++ Builder
>6 Personal Edition?
>
>If so any idea on the cost to upgrade to the professional edition...
>in other words is the upgrade valid from the personal edition to the
>professional or will the upgrade only work with a prior professional
>version. Also, what would it cost to upgrade to the 2006 vesions?
>
>Thanks/Hal

{smallsort}