TIBQuery

2003-09-29 04:38:57 PM
cppbuilder54
Hi,
I'm using C++ Builder 6 with the latest service pack and I am trying to
write a component which uses TIBQuery.
I problem is that I cannot find a library module to use in the 'Requires'
section which will link in TIBQuery. I have tried using every package I can
find...
Any advice gratefully received.
Ray Goff

Re:TIBQuery

ibxpress package should be what you need to add. It might add dsnap,
cds packages as well.
Ray Goff wrote:
I problem is that I cannot find a library module to use in the 'Requires'
section which will link in TIBQuery. I have tried using every package I can
find...

Re:TIBQuery

ibxpress package should be what you need to add. It might add dsnap,
cds packages as well.

Nice idea, but I tried that!
If I include ibxpress then it does not link, if I add IBQuery.PAS to the
Contains section then it links, but I get a message along the lines of
"Cannot load component because 'ibutils' is already loaded in 'ibxpress62'.
Note that there is no mention of ibxpress and I cannot find an ibxpress62
anywhere on my system.
Ray
Ray Goff wrote:

>I problem is that I cannot find a library module to use in the
'Requires'
>section which will link in TIBQuery. I have tried using every package I
can
>find...

{smallsort}

Re:TIBQuery

Hi, TIBQuery component can insert in database a stored procedure???
I try to insert stored procedure but I have an exception
:"EibInterbaseError: invalid reguest BLR at offset 384: bad parameter
number".
With IBConsole tha same come works!
Procedure is:
CREATE PROCEDURE INSERT_ACCONTO (
ID_PERSONA INTEGER,
ID_SOCIETA INTEGER,
ID_TIPO_CONTO SMALLINT,
ID_TIPO_PAGAMENTO SMALLINT,
DATA_PAGAMENTO TIMESTAMP,
EURO NUMERIC(8,2),
COMM_ACCONTO VARCHAR(255),
NUM_DOCUMENTO SMALLINT,
ID_PRENOTAZIONE INTEGER)
returns (ID INTEGER)
AS
begin
IF (ID_SOCIETA = 0) THEN ID_SOCIETA=NULL;
IF (ID_PERSONA = 0) THEN ID_PERSONA=NULL;
IF (ID_PRENOTAZIONE = 0) THEN ID_PRENOTAZIONE=NULL;
ID = GEN_ID(COUNTER_ID_ACCONTO,1);
INSERT INTO
ACCONTI (ID_ACCONTO,
ID_PERSONA,
ID_SOCIETA,
ID_TIPO_CONTO,
ID_TIPO_PAGAMENTO,
DATA_PAGAMENTO,
EURO ,
COMM_ACCONTO,
NUM_DOCUMENTO,
ID_PRENOTAZIONE
)
VALUES(:ID,
:ID_PERSONA,
:ID_SOCIETA,
:ID_TIPO_CONTO,
:ID_TIPO_PAGAMENTO,
:DATA_PAGAMENTO,
:EURO,
:COMM_ACCONTO,
:NUM_DOCUMENTO,
:ID_PRENOTAZIONE
);
EXIT;
end
if in values I insert values instead od parameters TIBQuery doesn't return
any error.

Re:TIBQuery

Gi?wrote:
Hi, TIBQuery component can insert in database a stored procedure???
I try to insert stored procedure but I have an exception
:"EibInterbaseError: invalid reguest BLR at offset 384: bad parameter
number".
Try setting ParamCheck to false.
"The two most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and
stupidity." - Harlan Ellison

Re:TIBQuery

Thanks... It works fine....
I tried to insert a littke script with a statement : "SET TERM ^;" but I
have an SQL exception: "TERM unknown"....
What I cant do to insert more than one proceure (pratycallly to use a script
without using TIBScript)?

Re:TIBQuery

"Gi? wrote:

Thanks... It works fine....
I tried to insert a littke script with a statement : "SET TERM ^;" but I
have an SQL exception: "TERM unknown"....
What I cant do to insert more than one proceure (pratycallly to use a script
without using TIBScript)?
You can't. IBScript exists to execute scripts. If other components could
execute scripts there'd be no need for IBScript.
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build

Re:TIBQuery

IBScript comes with IBXBCB608 package and I tried to install it.
After installation there are some special procedure to follow? I Tried to
compile a little project but Linker exception occurs (unresolved
external....)...
For this I uninstalled but I need a component with witch I make script...