Richedit and Multi Undo feature.

I was wondering if this was RE2 only or if it can be done with the standard
Richedit.... If it can does anyone know where to find some code to do it?
Robert Dunn's website gives info for RE2 but I don't have time to go install
the RE2 Dll into my app... :) (Nor the patience.)  I guess I would have to
change too much stuff and I don't have that kind of time right now... Mainly
I just want to know if it can be done or if someone has seen code on how to
do it for the standard RichEdit.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Webster

Re:Richedit and Multi Undo feature.

Hi, Chris.

> I was wondering if this was RE2 only or if it can be done with the standard
> Richedit.... If it can does anyone know where to find some code to do it?
> Robert Dunn's website gives info for RE2 but I don't have time to go install
> the RE2 Dll into my app... :) (Nor the patience.)  I guess I would have to
> change too much stuff and I don't have that kind of time right now... Mainly
> I just want to know if it can be done or if someone has seen code on how to
> do it for the standard RichEdit.

I am sure that RE 1.0 does not provide undo/redo functionality.
However, I am confident that it can be done -- meaning that I believe
that the RE 1.0 control traps, or that your program can trap, all of the
events necessary to implement a full undo/redo feature.

If you are interested in implementing such a feature, you might want to
search the big sites.  For example, a search of Yahoo using "+undo +redo
-java +rich" returned 638 hits.  If you do not find suitable code there,
you might want to search for editor source code that implements
undo/redo.

FWIW, I *have* seen code that I thought was well written -- I simply did
not need it and did not bookmark it.  Sorry.

HTH.

robert

Other Threads