Using C++ builder 5 vcl in C++ builder 6

Hello,

I have big problems installing c++ builder 5 vcl's into c++ builder 6.
What are the steps to convert a c++ builder 5 vcl into a c++ builder 6
version.

Re:Using C++ builder 5 vcl in C++ builder 6

In article <3CA6D516.7040...@nims.nl>, nws says...

> Hello,

> I have big problems installing c++ builder 5 vcl's into c++ builder 6.
> What are the steps to convert a c++ builder 5 vcl into a c++ builder 6
> version.

Why would you want to do that? Or do you mean a VCL component that was
written for BCB5?

In that case, there have been a few changes to Dsgnintf, DesignIDE etc.

This article for Delphi describes most of it:

  http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,27717,00.html.

But there is something you must set in the package project file too,
IIRC.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)

 -- Blair P. Houghton

"Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)" wrote:

> But there is something you must set in the package project file too,
> IIRC.

In the options source find the PFLAGS line an add -LUdesignide.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
This sad little lizard told me that he was a brontosaurus on his mother's

Re:Using C++ builder 5 vcl in C++ builder 6

In article <3CA72AE5.531D...@mindspring.com>, Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
says...

> In the options source find the PFLAGS line an add -LUdesignide.

I'll add that to my file of stock replies. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)

 -- Blair P. Houghton

Re:Using C++ builder 5 vcl in C++ builder 6

>Why would you want to do that? Or do you mean a VCL component that was
>written for BCB5?

Well I want to upgrade to BCB6 but want to use the old VCL's I have
been using in bcb 5. The most of these components are not (yet)
converted to BCB6. I don't want to wait for updates of all the
different VCL makers.
--
                             ''~``
                            ( o o )

Re:Using C++ builder 5 vcl in C++ builder 6

Do you have the original source code for the components?  If not, then
you're out of luck, the compiled binaries are version-specific.

Only if you have the original source code can you then try putting them into
new packages generated by BCB6 and re-building them.

Gambit

"Julien Moorrees" <jul...@nims.nl> wrote in message

> Well I want to upgrade to BCB6 but want to use the old VCL's
> I have been using in bcb 5. The most of these components are
> not (yet) converted to BCB6. I don't want to wait for updates
> of all the different VCL makers.

Other Threads