CB3, VCL35.BPL required?

I've got CB3 Standard that was included with Delphi 5 Pro.  I've made
sure that "Use dynamic RTL" is unchecked in the linking options.  But,
when I try to run the executable on another machine, it complains that
VCL35.BPL isn't in the windows\system directory.  So, what's the deal?

Re:CB3, VCL35.BPL required?

pdol...@flash.net wrote...
>I've got CB3 Standard that was included with Delphi 5 Pro.  I've made
>sure that "Use dynamic RTL" is unchecked in the linking options.  But,
>when I try to run the executable on another machine, it complains that
>VCL35.BPL isn't in the windows\system directory.  So, what's the deal?

Also uncheck "Build with runtime packages" on the Packages tab in the
Project Options dialog, then recompile (Make), and distribute again. This
is the same as in Delphi, BTW.
--
Rudy Velthuis

Re:CB3, VCL35.BPL required?

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 18:00:11 +0200, Rudy Velthuis <rvelth...@gmx.de>
wrote:

>Also uncheck "Build with runtime packages" on the Packages tab in the
>Project Options dialog, then recompile (Make), and distribute again. This
>is the same as in Delphi, BTW.

Sorry I missed that.  I've always built in Delphi with static linked
and never changed it, so I didn't actually know where this setting
was.  I'm not sure how it got checked in C++ Builder.  Either it
defaults differently than Delphi, or I somehow checked it
inadvertently.  At any rate, now I know.  Thanks!

Re:CB3, VCL35.BPL required?

pdol...@flash.net wrote...
>I'm not sure how it got checked in C++ Builder.  Either it
>defaults differently than Delphi

I think so. Check the "default" button if you set the options. This
should save them and make them the default.
--
Rudy Velthuis

Re:CB3, VCL35.BPL required?

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:56:36 +0200, Rudy Velthuis <rvelth...@gmx.de>
wrote:

>I think so. Check the "default" button if you set the options. This
>should save them and make them the default.

Thanks for the help.

Other Threads