nmorenu.dll failed to self register

I made a mini web browser with the HTML.OCX.
I used the ISX installer that came with BCB4 to install the product on a
clean machine.

I followed the steps quoted below and got the error at the end of the
install:

Failed to self register the following files:
nmorenu.dll

I get the same message on a clean machine install as I do on the development
machine, except my dev machine will run the program after installation,
where the clean machine will run the program, but will NOT actually connect
to the internet and display web content.
It just sits there.

Is this related to the failed to self register dll message, or might it be
something else?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin Fensome

"For a list of which files you will actually need to include with
your distribution, use the following dependency matrix:

                | FTP  | NNTP | SMTP |  POP | HTTP |  HTML | TCP

///// pretty big snip ////////

To deploy your program using InstallShield Express, follow these
steps:

1. Start up ISXpress and build your setup project as you normally
would.  If you have never used install shield express refer to

// pretty big snip //

deploy your application. InstallShield will automatically
register all OCXs and DLLs that have <WINSYSDIR> set as their
destination directory."

Re:nmorenu.dll failed to self register

The ONLY file listed under the IMPORTS section is Kernel32.dll

I guess I'm going to have to check the imports section of all the dll's that
the HTML component requires according to the txt file included with
BCB4/ISX.

I tried an install checking the Internet Packages box in ISX and when it
came time to build my installation, it couldn't find a number of 'inet40*.*'
files.  I did a complete full install of BCB4.Is there something wrong with
ISX or in my install or ?

One of my 'test' computers at work failed to self register the HTML.OCX as
well...Error loading library, get last error returned 000000485.

If anyone has any other tips for me on this one, I would love to hear them.

Thanks for the tip Stefan.

Martin

InstallShield Software Corp. <nospam.ste...@installshield.co.za.nospam>
wrote in message news:370ab698.5917328@forums.borland.com...

> On Tue, 6 Apr 1999 07:49:37 -0700, "Martin Fensome" <mart...@infinet.net>
> wrote:
> >Failed to self register the following files:
> >nmorenu.dll

> Use QuickView to see which other DLLs that DLL requires. Look at the
IMPORT

wrote:

>Failed to self register the following files:
>nmorenu.dll

Use QuickView to see which other DLLs that DLL requires. Look at the IMPORT
table and ensure that they DLLs listed are on the target system. If not,
include them.

Stefan Paetow
-
InstallShield Software Corporation

Express Newsgroups: news://news.installshield.com/
InstallShield Support: http://support.installshield.com/

Other Threads