display PCX image

Hi,

How do I display a ".pcx" Image file into an Image? Image works with .jpeg,
.bmp but what is about ".pcx"?

Thanks.

Re:display PCX image

> How do I display a ".pcx" Image file into an Image? Image works
> with .jpeg, .bmp but what is about ".pcx"?

  The only raster format that Windows natively supports is bitmap.  You'll
need to convert the PCX image into a bitmap and then assign it to your
Image's Picture::Bitmap property.  You might be able to find a third-party
component to read PCX images from www.torry.net.  Here's some Delphi code
that you can try saving into a unit and installing...

http://www.howtodothings.com/showarticle.asp?article=236

Good luck,
--
Damon (TeamB)
BCBCAQ--http://bcbcaq.bytamin-c.com

Re:display PCX image

Thanks for the reply, Damon.

What are the processes I need to take inorder to convert PCX image to
Bitmap?

"Damon Chandler (TeamB)" <dm...@cornell.edu> wrote in message

> Hi,
> > How do I display a ".pcx" Image file into an Image? Image works
> > with .jpeg, .bmp but what is about ".pcx"?

>   The only raster format that Windows natively supports is bitmap.  You'll
> need to convert the PCX image into a bitmap and then assign it to your
> Image's Picture::Bitmap property.  You might be able to find a third-party
> component to read PCX images from www.torry.net.  Here's some Delphi code
> that you can try saving into a unit and installing...

> http://www.howtodothings.com/showarticle.asp?article=236

> Good luck,
> --
> Damon (TeamB)