TPicture SaveToFile Uses Resources

Hi,

When using the SaveToFile method with a TPicture object the memory used
suddenly jumps up and does not get freed. How should I free this memory?

Thanks,
Ian Bromfield

Re:TPicture SaveToFile Uses Resources

How are your determining that the memory is not freed?  Remember that WinNT and
Win9x do not automatically reclaim memory just because it is freed.  Both OSes
sweep the freed list to reclaim at certain events (minimizing the app is one
under NT).  Otherwise it checks the freed list when new memory is needed and
none is available before performing swapping.  At that time it will use your
freed memory eventhough tools like the Task Manager show no free memory.  AFAIK,
there are not memory leaks in the TPicture SaveToFile.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The mist crawls from the c{*word*7}like some primordial phantom of romance