BCBMM.dll / BORLNDMM.dll

Hi,

 Sorry if you have already seen this appeal for help before, but I'm
running in novice mode, hence not
convinced that my first request was received.
-----------------------------

 I have an apps consisting of an exe and 4 dlls which I originally
developed in Builder1, and included in each project file is bcbmm.lib, all
is well. When I moved to Builder3 I initially dropped the use of bcbmm, and
included memmgr.lib, but suffered no end of Access Violations, typically
when accessing / clearing TListView, sometimes even passing the cursor over
this component would cause it to crash. However, if I returned to using
bcbmm in Builder3 the apps works just fine. When using bcbmm and view the
Event Log it shows bcbmm.dll being loaded / unloaded, however, when
memmgr is used the viewer does not show borlndmm.dll being loaded, although
no error message is given to indicate that this dll cannot be found.

Any one out there got any ideas of what I might be doing wrong ?

 Thanks

Trev.

Re:BCBMM.dll / BORLNDMM.dll

: "Trev" <ttus...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>Any one out there got any ideas of what I might be doing wrong ?

Did you rebuild all binaries - exe + dlls - with memmgr.lib and did you
remove every trace of the old memory manager?

> however, when
>memmgr is used the viewer does not show borlndmm.dll being loaded

That is very strange.

Are you able to build a simple sample application that links to
MEMMGR.LIB? If yes, in what respect is that one different in the BPR?

Re:BCBMM.dll / BORLNDMM.dll

Hi Stefan

Yes to all three of your questions, and using your lead I have found that
borlndmm.dll will load if I select Use dynamic RTL in the project linker
options, switch it off, and it will not. Is it possible to use the static
RTL and borlndmm.dll ?

Trev.

Other Threads