C++ Builder 6 Enterprise is very slow

Hi,

I installed C++ Builder 6 Enterprise after deinstall C++ Builder 5 Enterprise.

BCB 6 need about 120 sec to compile a old project

BCB 5 need about 33 sec for the same projects.

Is there a bug in the compiler?

The PC has 768 MB Ram, I think this is not the prob.

Any ideas?

Franz-Josef

Re:C++ Builder 6 Enterprise is very slow

Franz-Josef Vorspohl a crit dans le message <3c9b1bed_2@dnews>...

>Hi,

>I installed C++ Builder 6 Enterprise after deinstall C++ Builder 5
Enterprise.

>BCB 6 need about 120 sec to compile a old project

>BCB 5 need about 33 sec for the same projects.

Did you enable the precompiled headers in the project options? Just an
idea...

IceCream

Re:C++ Builder 6 Enterprise is very slow

Franz-Josef Vorspohl,

> Any ideas?

Check your Project settings and verify that precompiled header usage
hasn't changed.

Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Re:C++ Builder 6 Enterprise is very slow

Try it with background compilation turned off.

.  Ed

Paolo Gelato wrote:
> Franz-Josef Vorspohl a crit dans le message <3c9b1bed_2@dnews>...
>>I installed C++ Builder 6 Enterprise after deinstall C++ Builder 5

> Enterprise.

>>BCB 6 need about 120 sec to compile a old project

>>BCB 5 need about 33 sec for the same projects.

> Did you enable the precompiled headers in the project options? Just an
> idea...

Yes, the Compiler create

1.941.577 Bytes File vcl60.#00
     3.975 Bytes File vcl60.#01
8.595.998 Bytes File vcl60.csm

Background compiling is off.

Franz-Josef

Re:C++ Builder 6 Enterprise is very slow

it is off

Ed Mulroy [TeamB] wrote:
> Try it with background compilation turned off.

> .  Ed

Re:C++ Builder 6 Enterprise is very slow

Hi,

I made a new Test with a old BCB 5 Project on a second (512 MB Ram) PC,
is still the same:

BCB 6 need about 4x more time as BCB 5.

Both with:
enable the precompiled headers
background compilation turned off

I think I have to go to BCB 5 :-(

regards
Franz-Josef

Franz-Josef Vorspohl wrote:
> Hi,

> I installed C++ Builder 6 Enterprise after deinstall C++ Builder 5 Enterprise.

> BCB 6 need about 120 sec to compile a old project

> BCB 5 need about 33 sec for the same projects.

> Is there a bug in the compiler?

> The PC has 768 MB Ram, I think this is not the prob.

> Any ideas?

> Franz-Josef

Other Threads