QR: default system printer settings overriding custom settings

Hello,
I am writing regarding the following known problem with QR:

system printer settings will be used, instead of any custom printer settings
you
> had set in a previous report or in the global application printer

settings.

My associate found this solution posted on the BitSoft site
(http://www.bitsoft.com/delphi/quickrpt/)

> Look for the following procedure in QUICKRPT.PAS:
>   TQuickRep.SetPrinterValues

> and move the following line from the end of the procedure to the
beginning:
>   QRPrinter.PrinterIndex := PrinterSettings.PrinterIndex;

this is obviously a fix for the Delphi version of QR.

Can anyone tell me of a corresponding solution in BCB5?
I have paid for the professional version of QR3.5, and I have no file named
QUICKRPT.PAS on my system.
Even if I did, I'm not completely sure how i would recompile a PAS I
modified...

Very grateful for any help.
G.

Re:QR: default system printer settings overriding custom settings

Hi,

AFAIK QR is written in Delphi. So you have to fix it in QUICKRPT.PAS.
If you have the QR3.5PRO version then you can download the sources from
http://www.qusoft.com . The necessary password for the download
comes with your registration (probably email). But be careful to download
the version for BCB5,
not Delphi!
After extracting the downloaded file in some arbitrary directory you will
find one or two BCB project files
(qrpt50.bpk and dclqrt50.bpk, at moment I don't know exactly whether one or
both have to be rebuilded)
and the delphi sources. You can open the projects, change QUICKRPT.PAS and
rebuild the packages.

Hope it helps :)
Juergen

"George Francis" <georg...@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Hello,
> I am writing regarding the following known problem with QR:

> system printer settings will be used, instead of any custom printer
settings
> you
> > had set in a previous report or in the global application printer
> settings.

> My associate found this solution posted on the BitSoft site
> (http://www.bitsoft.com/delphi/quickrpt/)

> > Look for the following procedure in QUICKRPT.PAS:
> >   TQuickRep.SetPrinterValues

> > and move the following line from the end of the procedure to the
> beginning:
> >   QRPrinter.PrinterIndex := PrinterSettings.PrinterIndex;

> this is obviously a fix for the Delphi version of QR.

> Can anyone tell me of a corresponding solution in BCB5?
> I have paid for the professional version of QR3.5, and I have no file
named
> QUICKRPT.PAS on my system.
> Even if I did, I'm not completely sure how i would recompile a PAS I
> modified...

> Very grateful for any help.
> G.

Re:QR: default system printer settings overriding custom settings

Hello,
Thanks for your response.
I have found a page on the QUSOFT site dedicated to rebuilding the
libraries, so I'm headed in the right direction.
However, I have listed the files in each of the QR packages below.  As you
can see, QUICKRPT.PAS does not appear in either of them, although I did find
QUICKRPT.PAS in my (BCB)\Quickrpt directory.

dclqrt50.bpk:

USEUNIT("qrnew.pas");
USEUNIT("qreport.pas");

QRPT50.BPK

USEUNIT("qrextra.pas");
USEUNIT("qrctrls.pas");
USEUNIT("qrprntr.pas");
USEFORMNS("qrprev.pas", Qrprev, QRStandardPreview);
USEUNIT("qr3const.pas");
USEUNIT("qrprnsu.pas");
USEFORMNS("qrwizard.pas", Qrwizard, MainWizardForm);
USEFORMNS("qrdatawz.pas", Qrdatawz, TableSelector);
USEFORMNS("qrlablwz.pas", Qrlablwz, QRLabelSetup);
USEFORMNS("qrexpred.pas", Qrexpred, QRExprEditorForm);
USEUNIT("qrexpr.pas");
USEFORMNS("qrenved.pas", Qrenved, QREnvironmentEditor);
USEUNIT("qrexport.pas");
USEFORMNS("qrmdsu.pas", Qrmdsu, QRSubdetailSetup);
USEFORMNS("Qrlabled.pas", Qrlabled, QRLabelEditorForm);
USEFORMNS("qreditor.pas", Qreditor, QReportEditor);

I take it we expected quickrpt.pas to be in one of these two packages, so
that I could modify and rebuild them.
Can you advise a next step?
Regards,
George.

> AFAIK QR is written in Delphi. So you have to fix it in QUICKRPT.PAS.
> If you have the QR3.5PRO version then you can download the sources from
> http://www.qusoft.com . The necessary password for the download
> comes with your registration (probably email). But be careful to download
> the version for BCB5,
> not Delphi!
> After extracting the downloaded file in some arbitrary directory you will
> find one or two BCB project files
> (qrpt50.bpk and dclqrt50.bpk, at moment I don't know exactly whether one
or
> both have to be rebuilded)
> and the delphi sources. You can open the projects, change QUICKRPT.PAS and
> rebuild the packages.

> Hope it helps :)
> Juergen

> "George Francis" <georg...@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hello,
> > I am writing regarding the following known problem with QR:

> > system printer settings will be used, instead of any custom printer
> settings
> > you
> > > had set in a previous report or in the global application printer
> > settings.

> > My associate found this solution posted on the BitSoft site
> > (http://www.bitsoft.com/delphi/quickrpt/)

> > > Look for the following procedure in QUICKRPT.PAS:
> > >   TQuickRep.SetPrinterValues

> > > and move the following line from the end of the procedure to the
> > beginning:
> > >   QRPrinter.PrinterIndex := PrinterSettings.PrinterIndex;

> > this is obviously a fix for the Delphi version of QR.

> > Can anyone tell me of a corresponding solution in BCB5?
> > I have paid for the professional version of QR3.5, and I have no file
> named
> > QUICKRPT.PAS on my system.
> > Even if I did, I'm not completely sure how i would recompile a PAS I
> > modified...

> > Very grateful for any help.
> > G.

Other Threads