BCB6 install

2003-09-12 09:30:51 AM
cppbuilder56
I just bought and installed BCB6. It installed fine, and it runs fine.
The only problem is I have only one tab in the Component palette (Standard),
which has only one component in it (Frames).
I'm running Win2k, I have admin privleges, and I've tried to repair it.
I've installed the patch. I have BCB5 also installed on the computer,
if that matters.
--
Jonathan Arnold C/C++/CBuilder Keen Advice:
www.keen.com/categories/categorylist_expand.asp

Re:BCB6 install

Jonathan Arnold wrote:
I just bought and installed BCB6. It installed fine, and it runs fine.
The only problem is I have only one tab in the Component palette
(Standard),
which has only one component in it (Frames).
This has happened to me before, but I don't remember what I did to fix
it. Sorry.
If you reinstall, make sure you delete your temp directory first. The
Borland installer has a habit of leaving install junk in the temp
directory. I ran into problems where these leftover files interfered
with subsequent installs.
h^2

Re:BCB6 install

Harold Howe [TeamB] wrote:
Jonathan Arnold wrote:
>I just bought and installed BCB6. It installed fine, and it runs fine.
>The only problem is I have only one tab in the Component palette
>(Standard),
>which has only one component in it (Frames).
This has happened to me before, but I don't remember what I did to fix
it. Sorry.

If you reinstall, make sure you delete your temp directory first. The
Borland installer has a habit of leaving install junk in the temp
directory. I ran into problems where these leftover files interfered
with subsequent installs.
Thanks Harold (glad to see you're still around!). I'm a little hesitant
to reinstall. Well, to uninstall. I'm afraid it will take out all kinds
of stuff from my BCB5 installation. And I'm not ready to give up on that.
--
Jonathan Arnold C/C++/CBuilder Keen Advice:
www.keen.com/categories/categorylist_expand.asp
Comprehensive C++Builder link site:
www.buddydog.org/C++Builder/c++builder.html

{smallsort}

Re:BCB6 install

Harold Howe [TeamB] wrote:
You might want to search google. Specifically, look for things posted by
Jerry Bloomfield. I think he understands this problem. I know a lot of
people have seen it, but I don't know if anyone has ever narrowed it down.
I did, and it didn't seem like it would help. But on a lark, I decided to
delete some registry keys.
I deleted HKCU\Software\Borland\C++Builder\6.0
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\C++Builder\6.0\Palette (I think)
and another Palette related one in HKLM. Now it works fine. In fact, I don't
even see the HKLM keys having to do with the palette at all any more.
--
Jonathan Arnold C/C++/CBuilder Keen Advice:
www.keen.com/categories/categorylist_expand.asp
Comprehensive C++Builder link site:
www.buddydog.org/C++Builder/c++builder.html

Re:BCB6 install

I'm running Win2k, I have admin privleges, and I've tried to repair it.
I've installed the patch. I have BCB5 also installed on the computer,
if that matters.

It might be the solution. Try uninstalling BCB5 and reinstalling BCB6 to
see if there are any differences.