Undefined Function 'outportb' in Borland C++ 5.02

Hello
I am trying to compile a program in Borland C++ 5.02 and when I call a
function outportb() it gives me an error which states: Call to undefined
function 'outportb'. I have included the stdio.h and dos.h file into my code
but still not working. I have to turn in this project within couple of days.
If you have the solution, could you please email me the solution at
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Thank You
Rizwan

Re:Undefined Function 'outportb' in Borland C++ 5.02

"Rizwan" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
I am trying to compile a program in Borland C++ 5.02 and when I call
a function outportb() it gives me an error which states: Call to
undefined function 'outportb'. I have included the stdio.h and dos.h
file into my code but still not working.
Correct. 32bit Windows doesn't allow you to directly access ports.
I have to turn in this project within couple of days.
Consider asking earlier next time.
If you have the solution, could you please email me the solution at
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
No way.
It is generally considered rude to ask for E-Mail response to
newsgroup posts. Better come here again soon, to read the response to
your questions and to help others.

"Rizwan" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Hello

I am trying to compile a program in Borland C++ 5.02 and when I call a
function outportb() it gives me an error which states: Call to undefined
function 'outportb'. I have included the stdio.h and dos.h file into my code
but still not working. I have to turn in this project within couple of days.

If you have the solution, could you please email me the solution at
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Thank You

Rizwan

{smallsort}

"Rizwan" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Hello

I am trying to compile a program in Borland C++ 5.02 and when I call a
function outportb() it gives me an error which states: Call to undefined
function 'outportb'. I have included the stdio.h and dos.h file into my code
but still not working. I have to turn in this project within couple of days.

If you have the solution, could you please email me the solution at
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Thank You

Rizwan

This appears in the help files for bcc32 5.5.1
The following program features and language elements are either no longer supported or no longer used in this release of C++Builder.
RTL elements
farfree
faralloc
farmalloc
farheapcheck
farrealloc
inp
inpw
outp
outpw
inport
inportb
outport
outportb

Re:Undefined Function 'outportb' in Borland C++ 5.02

First, my apologies for my last few replies to this post.
I would recommend:
www.beyondlogic.org/porttalk/porttalk.htm
I have spoken to a fellow student who needed to control a camera through on/off parallel port signals - he was also more familiar with dos programming and managed to do this in windows using such a driver. He wrote an 'outport' routine that compiled with some old dos code and redirected data to the required port via the driver. However, it did require him to disable the default windows parallel port driver as this polls the port frequently to check if a printer is connected.
One can access the serial port via windows APIs without the need for a driver but it requires some reading up - I do not know anyone who has done this.
If this project is educational then this information should suffice. If you have some cash, a simple Internet search will always turn up someone offering windows interfacing APIs for both the commercial and educational/research markets.
Hope this helps.

"D Fine" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
This appears in the help files for bcc32 5.5.1
Please note that what identifies itself as "Borland C++ 5.5.1" is not
related to the product "Borland C++" a lot (except coming from the
same software house). "Borland C++ 5.5.1" is the compiler of C++
Builder 5.
This does not mean that I don't think your post is helpful, because
outportb() is not supported by C++ Builder 5 for the same reason it
isn't by Borland C++ 5.02 (at least for some configurations).