Network install of Borland C++ Builder 5

2004-10-20 11:40:07 PM
cppbuilder101
I have been asked to install BCB5 standard on one of our network
servers, and I keep finding references to TI3029 to tell me how to do this.
Where the heck is this document? Does anyone have a copy they to which
they can post a link?
Thanks,
--JC

Re:Network install of Borland C++ Builder 5

JC,
This is probably the FAQ you're referring to:
bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,18743,00.html
But, that's for Borland C++ 5.0, not C++Builder 5.
To do a network install of C++Builder 5, it should suffice to just map the
volume it's on and install as usual.
-- YH --

Re:Network install of Borland C++ Builder 5

Thanks for the info. The CBuilder5 network folder is read-only, and when
the IDE fires up, it tries to write bcb.$$$ to the bin folder. Can the
paths be changed to a r+w location?
Thx
Yu-Chen Hsueh said the following on 10/20/2004 12:50 PM:
JC,

This is probably the FAQ you're referring to:

bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,18743,00.html

But, that's for Borland C++ 5.0, not C++Builder 5.

To do a network install of C++Builder 5, it should suffice to just map the
volume it's on and install as usual.

-- YH --

{smallsort}

Re:Network install of Borland C++ Builder 5

JC,
Try running C++Builder 5 for the first time as an user with Administrator
rights. Afterwards, try it again as a regular user, and see if that makes
any difference.
-- YH --