TStringGrid with row-insert/delete load/save from text file

2004-06-11 10:20:14 PM
cppbuilder34
I'm looking for a freeware BCB6 TStringGrid component with the following
functions;
Source code (C++ preferred)
Row insert/remove
Move a selected row up/down
Load/Save from/to a text file
Row / column highlight
and optionally (numerical) format check on the entered data.
Can you suggest such a component ?

Re:TStringGrid with row-insert/delete load/save from text file

<Tomas>wrote:
I'm looking for a freeware BCB6 TStringGrid component with the following
functions;
Source code (C++ preferred)
That's included with the VCL
Row insert/remove
Move a selected row up/down
Those methods exist already. All you have to do is promote
them to public.
Load/Save from/to a text file
I've posted that code on more than once in the vcl.using
group - the last time was a day or 2 ago.
Row / column highlight
You can do ANY kind of highliting you desire using the
OnDrawCell event. Again, I've posted code for that too.
and optionally (numerical) format check on the entered data.
That's what an EditMask is for and there is an Event for that
too.
Can you suggest such a component ?
If you can't accomplish what you want using TStringGrid,
another component most likely won't be much help.
~ JD

Re:TStringGrid with row-insert/delete load/save from text file

Thank you for your help!...
>I'm looking for a freeware BCB6 TStringGrid component with the following
>functions;
>Source code (C++ preferred)

That's included with the VCL

>Row insert/remove
>Move a selected row up/down

Those methods exist already. All you have to do is promote
them to public.
>Load/Save from/to a text file

I've posted that code on more than once in the vcl.using
group - the last time was a day or 2 ago.

>Row / column highlight

You can do ANY kind of highliting you desire using the
OnDrawCell event. Again, I've posted code for that too.

>and optionally (numerical) format check on the entered data.

That's what an EditMask is for and there is an Event for that
too.

>Can you suggest such a component ?

If you can't accomplish what you want using TStringGrid,
another component most likely won't be much help.

~ JD

{smallsort}