Re: Advanced Data Generator 1.0.4 released

2004-04-21 09:43:11 AM
cppbuilder67
I tried to test it out and it fails with floating point error because it is
using a comma instead of a decimal point for floats. Can this be changed?
Lee
"Martijn Tonies" <m.tonies@upscene!nospam!.com>wrote in message
Dear ladies and gentlemen,

Upscene Productions is happy to announce a new version of
the database developer tool:
"Advanced Data Generator" (version 1.0.4)

A fast test-data generator tool that comes with a library
of real-life data, presets and much more.

This new release consists of four versions:

- Pro: ADO and ODBC connectivity
- InterBase Edition
- Firebird Edition
- MySQL Edition

More info and a 30-day trial version on www.upscene.com

Pricing information available on www.upscene.com/purchase.htm

Recent changes:

V1.0.4
-----------------
- New: street names for the US, UK, Australia, Germany and The Netherlands
- Fixed: "Save to File" dialog in project screen didn't work
- Fixed: database list didn't refresh on db registration or project
changes
- Fixed: "canvas does not allow drawing" threading error
- Fixed: "Abort" is no longer an error in the log, but a warning
- Fixed: (Pro) delimited identifier problem with, for example, MSSQL
- Fixed: (MySQL) added ` to object names to avoid errors

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions - Database Tools for Developers
www.upscene.com

Re:Re: Advanced Data Generator 1.0.4 released

Hi Lee,
I tried to test it out and it fails with floating point error because it
is
using a comma instead of a decimal point for floats. Can this be changed?
Could you tell me what edition, what database engine and what
your regional settings are?
Is your column datatype a float?
--
With regards,
Martijn Tonies
www.upscene.com

Re:Re: Advanced Data Generator 1.0.4 released

Hi Lee,

>I tried to test it out and it fails with floating point error because it
is
>using a comma instead of a decimal point for floats. Can this be
changed?

Could you tell me what edition, what database engine and what
your regional settings are?

Is your column datatype a float?

--
With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Hi Martjin,
Sorry, should have given you that data. I dowloaded from this link:
www.kaputnik.de/IBWorkbench/ADGTrialFb.exe. Regional settings are
all default for "English (United States)" on Win2kPro running FB 1.5 final
with 394 MB RAM and a sticker on the side that says "Didn't we go to
different schools together?".
The fields in question are actually defiend as "Double Precision". I ran
some other tests on Varchar and Integer fields and they are seem to run
fine.
Great idea for a product though!
Lee

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Advanced Data Generator 1.0.4 released

Hi Lee,
>>I tried to test it out and it fails with floating point error because
it
>is
>>using a comma instead of a decimal point for floats. Can this be
changed?

>Could you tell me what edition, what database engine and what
>your regional settings are?
>
>Is your column datatype a float?
>
>--
>With regards,
>
>Martijn Tonies

Hi Martjin,

Sorry, should have given you that data. I dowloaded from this link:
www.kaputnik.de/IBWorkbench/ADGTrialFb.exe. Regional settings are
all default for "English (United States)" on Win2kPro running FB 1.5 final
with 394 MB RAM and a sticker on the side that says "Didn't we go to
different schools together?".
Hmmm, I doubt if the sticker makes a difference :-)
The regional settings sound fine to me - I'll have another look at that.
It is highly dependant on which engine your using though. Firebird
supports parameter-datatypes from the server, while, for example,
MySQL doesn't. That's why I asked :-)
The fields in question are actually defiend as "Double Precision". I ran
some other tests on Varchar and Integer fields and they are seem to run
fine.

Great idea for a product though!
Thanks - a simplified version is included in Database Workbench, but these
standalone versions are much more powerful and include more data
libraries.
--
With regards,
Martijn Tonies